Windows - XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more

Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
shootking Offline
Donor
Hello!

I have some trouble with autostarting the version 17 of Kodi. I have a working setup with kodi 16 together with Launcher4kodi. But after i have downloaded the version 17 kodi from Windows App-store, it still boots version 16. I have tried to find upot where Windows put the "app" kodi 17, but I havent been able to find a path to the app.

How can I solve this? The general advise before installing Kodi 16 was not to uninstall before upgrading. Everything works fine, settings are imported and Kodi 17 works when manually started. But I also want my HTPC to autostart into Kodi 17, preferable with launcher4kodi.

Any help would be appreciated!

Kind regards Jens

------------------------------------
Windows 10
Kodi 16/17
(This post was last modified: 2017-04-02 19:40 by shootking.)
find quote
chancenvergeber Offline
I think the app will not work with the launcher. Uninstall the app and download the standard installer from https://kodi.tv/download
The installer will update your Kodi 16.1 and the launcher should work fine.
(This post was last modified: 2017-04-02 20:32 by chancenvergeber.)
find quote
oliv615 Offline
Hello,

There is a way to disable the shortkey WIN+S (Option to start the GUI) ?
I use WIN+S for another thing.

Thank you
(This post was last modified: 2017-04-14 09:53 by oliv615.)
find quote
WolfGeneral Offline
I am having a problem. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 and running Kodi 17.1 (not the app version). I try changing the shell to Launcher4Kodi from within the application but that setting never saves. Whenever I restart the computer, I see explorer instead of Kodi. What am I doing wrong?
find quote
Corbendallas Offline
Hi

I'm experiencing a problem after upgrading my htpc
I want to use kodi for movies but foobar for music
So I setup foobar 2000.exe in the group 2 of External applications, in order to be launched with kodi
I start with kodi shell

The problem is that a minimized window of foobar appears on the lower left of the screen
And prevent kodi for taking the focus ! !!

What do i miss to do?

Tanks for you help
find quote
light_in_tunel Offline
Also my configuration. I have a problem however because kodi never gets focus back.
I left foobar to open via windows startup. That way kodi has focus and foobar is minimized in the back.
find quote
Corbendallas Offline
Thanks or your answer
I try this way also but prefer remaining in kodi shell
It prevents from having Windows or other software popup (upgrade, drivers....)
find quote
magicmagni Offline
Donor
(2017-04-25 23:27)WolfGeneral Wrote:  I am having a problem. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 and running Kodi 17.1 (not the app version). I try changing the shell to Launcher4Kodi from within the application but that setting never saves. Whenever I restart the computer, I see explorer instead of Kodi. What am I doing wrong?

I had this happen before and it worked better NOT using the gui, but from the taskbar. Right click icon in taskbar and try from there.
find quote
smitchell6879 Offline
Fan
Using this with windows 10 if I use exploer as the shell I then Kodi uses my advancedsetting XML and connects to MySQL.

If I use Kodi shelll then it over rights my userdata and I can't use my advancedsetting is there something I am missing.
I prefer the Kodi shell as it makes a cleaner boot but I can't connect to MySQL so yeah any advice?[/b]

Windows 10/MySQL/Xiaomi Mi Box
[WIP] UNIPLEX: A Blurred Vision
Madnox Holiday Mod
find quote