• 5(current)
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
(2012-08-03, 05:00)vianneyjs Wrote: For instance, I'm using Harmony One/Eventghost on my setup, and I have one button set to "Update Library", such thing is not supported by the Keymap file yet.

Actually, I'm using Harmony 880 and config files from http://from http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net so remote acts like MCE Keyboard and I have "Update Library" mapped natively on my remote. Here's the line from keyboard.xml

<eight mod="ctrl,shift">UpdateLibrary(video)</eight>

I'm pretty sure you can modify this to work in your keymap.xml
HTPC: XBMC Gotham 15.2 on Intel NUC DCCP847DYE (Intel Celeron 847), 2GB RAM, Samsung PM830 SSD, OpenELEC 6.0.0
SYSTEM: Panasonic TX-P65ST50, Pioneer VSX-922K, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 + Diamond 9.CS + SW150 sub, Logitech Harmony 880 remote
Thanks for the suggestion buddy.
Sugestion: completely hide taskbar while xbmc is running as shell
When xbmc is run as shell there is no taskbar visible as explorer is not loaded yet. Taskbar is visible only if the shell is explorer and you can auto hide it. Please check your shell settings.
(2012-08-03, 08:10)baijuxavior Wrote: I have actually removed all windows related labels and changed the startup animation to get a complete feel of 'XBMC HTPC'.

I have done the same, but it might be a really nice addition if you add this function to your app.

Lastly, I use the dsplayer fork, and I am unable to use reclock as it keeps crashing when using xbmc as a shell...any thoughts?

Cheers

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2012-08-04, 11:16)oldpainless Wrote:
(2012-08-03, 08:10)baijuxavior Wrote: I have actually removed all windows related labels and changed the startup animation to get a complete feel of 'XBMC HTPC'.

I have done the same, but it might be a really nice addition if you add this function to your app.

Lastly, I use the dsplayer fork, and I am unable to use reclock as it keeps crashing when using xbmc as a shell...any thoughts?

Cheers

K

As you know, changing windows branding texts and animation involves use of resource hacker and other tools. Implementing the same may not be easy in my app. But let me see what I can do.

I have no idea about dsplayer and reclock. May be it needs Windows explorer to work correctly.
(2012-08-03, 08:10)baijuxavior Wrote: I have actually removed all windows related labels and changed the startup animation to get a complete feel of 'XBMC HTPC'. Also by eliminating explorer you can prevent unwanted applications and free up resources.

Can you share with us files and tools needed for such customization? I've changed background and login wallpaper to black, but it would be nice to get rid of boot animation and Windows logo on login page too. Thanks!
HTPC: XBMC Gotham 15.2 on Intel NUC DCCP847DYE (Intel Celeron 847), 2GB RAM, Samsung PM830 SSD, OpenELEC 6.0.0
SYSTEM: Panasonic TX-P65ST50, Pioneer VSX-922K, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 + Diamond 9.CS + SW150 sub, Logitech Harmony 880 remote
^^ I will start a new thread for that. Thanks.
Wink 
Aaaww.. this is really an awesome tool.
Thanks for all your effort.
(2012-08-05, 14:30)baijuxavior Wrote: ^^ I will start a new thread for that. Thanks.

Good job making this!

Looking forward to the new thread as well!

Win 8.1 64bit
NUC5i5RYK, Onkyo TX508, LG 42LM620T
Nice work baijuxavior.

Possible feature for the request list if it's not already on there, though deviating from the program title and possibly goals...

-Watch process xbmc and restart if not running option (not sure on any cpu hit ramifications)
-Delayed restart of xbmc with dialogue option

Though XBMC hasn't crashed for me in a while I run a watchdog type program in the background that restarts XBMC if it crashes (for the computer illiterate partner), has probably saved me a few phone calls at work already Wink
If i start using this awsome launcher with XBMC as a shell, can I then use a browser? I have from advance launcher in XBMC, made my browser to load my webtv page. But I can't find out, if this still possibly without explorer?
Can those of us on wireless have the option to delay XBMC startup by a certain amount of time (Essential if using a remote shared MySQL Db).

Settings of 30/60/90/120 ought to be enough. Most Wireless adapters are one of the slowest things to get connected and initialised, and usually occur last in the chain of things loading at boot time. By which time at default settings XBMC has already loaded and choked on the fact it can't find media / Database / Artwork / etc.

Adding a -d parameter to the commandline works, but this isn't possible with this launcher unless you want to start hacking at the source - which I don't really want to have to do.

Other than that, Sterling work.

Smile
Thanks alot for this tool, really made my day alot easier Smile
And ++++++++ thanks for releasing the source with a good guide on how to change it ! Big Grin
Thanks friends for the awesome response and support.

(2012-08-16, 14:10)Cadal Wrote: -Watch process xbmc and restart if not running option (not sure on any cpu hit ramifications)
-Delayed restart of xbmc with dialogue option

1.It is easy to write autohotkey script to monitor xbmc and start xbmc if it doesn't exist. But adding this feature to the current app can cause unwanted problems like xbmc starting again even if you close it intentionally.
2. Thats is a good suggestion. I will update the program to include a delayed startup. There already is a small delay of 5 seconds when resuming from suspend mode as my AVR takes a few seconds to initialize and if xbmc is started earlier then it shows no audio device.

(2012-08-17, 02:15)gibxxi Wrote: Can those of us on wireless have the option to delay XBMC startup by a certain amount of time (Essential if using a remote shared MySQL Db).

Settings of 30/60/90/120 ought to be enough. Most Wireless adapters are one of the slowest things to get connected and initialised, and usually occur last in the chain of things loading at boot time. By which time at default settings XBMC has already loaded and choked on the fact it can't find media / Database / Artwork / etc.

Adding a -d parameter to the commandline works, but this isn't possible with this launcher unless you want to start hacking at the source - which I don't really want to have to do.

Other than that, Sterling work.

Smile

I will add a delay option in new version.

(2012-08-16, 19:21)jordandk Wrote: If i start using this awsome launcher with XBMC as a shell, can I then use a browser? I have from advance launcher in XBMC, made my browser to load my webtv page. But I can't find out, if this still possibly without explorer?

I have never tested this. But IMO, it should work. You can try it and post your observations.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more20