• 106(current)
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
Hi all.

I recently installed the launcher and want to clarify something. Am I correct in assuming that changing the shell naturally breaks all UWP apps because they rely on Explorer running? If so, I'm thinking of delaying the shell switch until Leia is deep into RC releases and Aeon Nox is updated for it (in the official repo). I see a few tidbits that I could get Netflix working directly in Kodi due to the DRM changes and hence can make the shell switch. Are those all good assumptions and understandings?
I reinstalled Kodi (Titan theme) with windows 10 version 1803.
Launcherkodi works very well, it seems.
But when I ask Kodi to turn off the system, I end up on the desk and the computer does not turn off.
A solution ?!
My launcher4kodi does not bring kodi in front after closing external application. It just remains minimised. All the other parts work fine (kodi shell etc.). I reinstalled it but the problem persists, so I have to double click the minimised kodi window to bring it in focus again... Any suggestions?
(2018-06-25, 03:42)GavinCampbell Wrote: Anyone have any issues with the focus feature since Windows 1803?  It won't keep kodi on top anymore and not sure why.  The only changes on the boxes has been regular patches and the 1803 update.

Ah that caused the problem then... Is there any workable fix?
(2019-05-10, 16:39)bgmordred Wrote:
(2018-06-25, 03:42)GavinCampbell Wrote: Anyone have any issues with the focus feature since Windows 1803?  It won't keep kodi on top anymore and not sure why.  The only changes on the boxes has been regular patches and the 1803 update.

I ended up finding that it was conflicting with another application I had running in the background called airserver.  When that was loaded it would not let the focus do its thing.  I removed it and it works fine.

However all of this was working fine before that update so something changed that broke it.

Check to see what other apps you may have running
test
(2019-05-10, 17:09)GavinCampbell Wrote:
(2019-05-10, 16:39)bgmordred Wrote:

I ended up finding that it was conflicting with another application I had running in the background called airserver.  When that was loaded it would not let the focus do its thing.  I removed it and it works fine.

However all of this was working fine before that update so something changed that broke it.

I do not run any other apps (the pc is only for kodi). What I noticed (after disabling kodi shell) is that Launcher4Kodi does select (make active) the kodi window when another application is on top of it (and not in the exception list), but does not bring it in front at all, It stays minimised.
No suggestions?
Has anyone managed to fix the sound issue?

Where you start with no explorer.exe and you are unable to control the pc volume?
(2019-06-06, 21:51)popeye2468 Wrote: Has anyone managed to fix the sound issue?

Where you start with no explorer.exe and you are unable to control the pc volume?

this
Is there any way to customize the keys you utilize the shortcuts? Without the obvious downloading of the source. Wanted to change the focus key press since my harmony remote doesn't have that key combo
hey guys, i have just set up a new HTPC, upgrading from win7 to win10 at the same time.

It's a dedicated HTPC so i use launcher4kodi to keep it smooth as possible but i'm facing an issue:

Using advanced launcher addon i tried to launch a windows app (myIPTV player, pointing at the shortcut .lnk).
It worked fine until i switch from windows shell to launcher4kodi shell. If i do that, the app don't launch and i get an error message.

Is there any way to make it work without booting the windows shell?
(2019-05-13, 12:22)bgmordred Wrote:
(2019-05-10, 17:09)GavinCampbell Wrote:
(2019-05-10, 16:39)bgmordred Wrote: Ah that caused the problem then... Is there any workable fix?   

I do not run any other apps (the pc is only for kodi). What I noticed (after disabling kodi shell) is that Launcher4Kodi does select (make active) the kodi window when another application is on top of it (and not in the exception list), but does not bring it in front at all, It stays minimised. 
any fix for this? running latest windows and most times using remote - kodi runs in minimised mode - when it does appear in maximised mode it hasnt got focus. i have to use the mouse to give it focus?
Hello,
I setup the KodiLauncher to re-open the win shell if I close kodi.

But then, if I use "WIN + ALT + ENTER" to restart kodi, I notice that it does not close the win shell before launch kodi.
It just open Kodi as a normal program (in the same way if I click on the normal Kodi shortcut) within the Win shell

Do you have any idea how to restart kodi killing again the win shell?

The only solution I found is to reboot win.

Thanks for any suggestion
Does this utility still work with Matrix but also current version of Win10?

Checking github shows that this app hasn't been updated in 6 years.
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more20