XBMC not working on my network?! [log included]
Same here. It works sometime and doesnt the other.

I know my network is correct as it worked before and I have atv2.

I am going to try Aug 08, Nightly. I post back with some results.
i have turned off my firewalls before. the ip's are definitely set correctly as I have file transfers occuring between the two machines on the same network.

i forwarded the ports to ensure there is nothing blocking the signal.

i've tested another router to use as my network and I still get the same results so I'm assuming it's not a router problem.
i have also installed xbmc on another machine with the same results so I am assuming that it's not a computer problem.

when i turn on airplay, the sharing icon appears, but all i get in the menu is this:

so now i'm pretty lost on what settings or configurations are causing the problem.
Please post
a) a _full_ debug log
b) Enable the debug log and restart XBMC to get information on the webserver's debug-output.
Let's leave airplay alone for a moment and focus on the webserver since that is easier to debug and configure.

What does your XBMC say in the Hardware-Information-Screen? Are the network settings being displayed correctly by XBMC?
Port-Forwarding will not solve any issues because port forwarding is only interesting when connecting from the outside of your LAN.
Close the port-forwards if you do not need them.

After XBMC started, try also to see if XBMC is actually listening on the proper ports (in the command-line enter "netstat -abn") and try to find the ports XBMC should be using (or look for "XBMC.exe" in the program information part of the output)
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

@ HenryFord, thanks for the tip, I have posted a full debug log, http://pastebin.com/LgcGrK4p

In the hardware screen it properly shows my ip address, mac, subnet, etc, etc, everything looks correct

i have disabled port forwarding.

for the command line test, I see mostly listening/established as the status however there are some time_wait, i'll post what I think might be relevant:

[XBMC.exe]
TCP [ip address]:xxxxa [subnet address:xxxx] TIME_WAIT
TCP [ip address]:xxxxb [subnet address:xxxx] TIME_WAIT
TCP [ip address]:xxxxc [subnet address:xxxx] TIME_WAIT
TCP [ip address]:xxxxd 0.0.0.0.0 TIME_WAIT

then there two "can not obtain ownsership information" for ituneshelper.exe
Well, just went through your xbmc logs and i can't find anything wrong.

And if i remember correctly: "can not obtain ownsership information"

Just means that it's not in use, or not "owned" by a program.

And if you would please post the whole netstat (if it's long, put it on pastebin) It should only contain internal ips (so you can leave them)

netstat -anb > c:\look.txt & start notepad c:\look.txt

Will put it in a textfile called look.txt on your c drive. (next time, don't redact your drive letters. Easier searching.)

Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
1. What MassIV said

2. Did you try to connect to your XBMC via a browser? Try that both from an external client (for example the browser on the tablet) and the machine XBMC is running on. That will nail down the cause a little bit - if you cannot connect from the same machine there is definetly something wrong with XBMC/Windows which causes that XBMC is unable to serve anything (a big bugger is that there is literally no debug-output for the webserver - didn't expect that). If you can connect from the same machine and not from the external client, something is off with the network setup. If you however can connect from external and not from the same machine, I'm out of here Wink
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not working on my network?! [log included]0