XBMC music library keeps disappearing?
hey guys, I couldn't find much information on the above topic. If I reboot my system or don't use it for a while and come back, all the albums that I have scanned into the library disappear and I find myself needing to rescan again. I know I'm using openelec, but was wondering if someone had some thoughts? I'm using a NAS via NFS. Movie library works just fine, never had any problems there.
Thanks
Mo
I suspect the problem is that the NFS share isn't yet available when the system restarts so XBMC thinks that media source is no longer available, so it removes them from the library. One solution is to have the OS mount the share before XBMC starts, but I don't know if that's possible with OpenELEC. Another option is to turn off the option to "Update the library on startup" (System > Settings > Music > Library>).
Thanks for the tip, so far it hasn't done it again, I don't know if selecting the source in the file menu and making it default makes any difference? But I'll try above if it doesn't work
Thanks
I am experiencing the same problem. XBMC running on Win7 64-bit and music is stored at another Win7 64-bit machine.
This never happens with Movie library, just music is vanishing all the time. It would be nice if this issue could be solved some way. I would like to keep automatic library scanning, since it updates my library automatically and I do not have to worry about adding new albums manually.
(2012-07-27, 21:00)artrafael Wrote: I suspect the problem is that the NFS share isn't yet available when the system restarts so XBMC thinks that media source is no longer available, so it removes them from the library. One solution is to have the OS mount the share before XBMC starts, but I don't know if that's possible with OpenELEC. Another option is to turn off the option to "Update the library on startup" (System > Settings > Music > Library>).

I am having the same issue, and dare I say its the only absurd issue i have really ever came across in xbmc.

Using smb share on a separate server i keep getting missing music. Some titles disappear, other times the entire database disappears after a reboot.

Why is music being cleaned on update? I never added that script to my advanced settings. For movies if you enable update library on startup if it does not find a movie, it just leaves it, i have had some movies i deleted and xbmc scans my library and adds movies that are not present on startup, but it does not delete files if they are not present until i delete them or clean it manually. Why is it doing this for music??

This is incredibly strange i almost think I am not understanding it. Or this cant be accurate.
Any news on a solution of this?

I am experiencing the same problem, I have a script that runs which updates both the music and movie library, however every once in a while I lose the music library and I have to rescan everything in?

I have a remote WHS with an smb share.

Jack
I have this exact same problem. It existed on Eden too. It does ONLY affect the music library. I have my videos (Movies and TV Shows) and pictures set up exactly the same way, and those libraries never disappear. I've verified that nothing is set to clean the music library. This seems to be an issue with many people using music over the network. Is this a known bug?
I have had this problem as well in the past, its related to not recognizing the shared source folder quick enough, I would not expect any XBMC fixes. I disabled auto update on startup as Artrafael described above and no problems since. Its easy enough to just hit 'menu' and 'update library' from the Music menu if I've added albums.

It is strange though, because I don't have the problem with videos either.
I opened a ticket, although no responses.

I dont see why it cant be fixed, unless their is some reason i am not aware of.

It seems to be cleaning for some reason on update. So when you enable update music library on startup, its cleaning before the share is available.

I was actually trying to do this months ago, a xbmc developer helped me get clean on update script working, and then a few other developers said you likely dont want to do this because it will delete your library if shares are not available.

So some of them were warning me against such things, and rightfully so. I cant imagine why it is this way.
Well my ticket I am not sure whats happening with, but if you also have this issue and care or want it resolved perhaps mention this issue also exists for you, i have found this issue goes back to 2 years! already people posting on the forum, and it does no good here, so if you also want to help get it recognized, please perhaps mention it in my ticket.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13970
I have this exact issue, so I will mention it on the bug tracker. I am using an SMB share from FreeNAS. My movies and TV shows work just fine, but my music library keeps on disappearing, requiring a rescan. I have "Update library on startup" unselected and have not made any modifications outside the GUI.

Edit: I should mention this is on OpenELEC 3.0.0
This is a big very annoying problem for me too.

Not openelec, xbmc frodo on Windows 7.

This is a big very annoying problem for me too.
I have this same issue. I have an Raspberry Pi B+ running OpenElec acting as a media center in my network. A USB hard drive with a large music collection is connected to the RPi. Everything works wonderfully except that my music library has disappeared about 3 times. Is this related to my USB HDD being asleep when OpenELEC reboots? A poster above says that he doubts this will ever be fixed. Is that the consensus? Has anyone figured out how to avoid this problem?
This problem has just happened to me for the first time, unfortunately I now cant get my library to be recognised again although the NAS is working fine - the nas was actually disconnected from the network when the HTPC started up. Does anyone know of a way to get the HTPC to "find" my library again. All the files are in the same place they were and the IP's etc are unchanged.

PS - I've have tried "update library" etc but it finds nothing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC music library keeps disappearing?0