STRANGE audio issues: WSAPI vs DirectSound
i have an instance of XBMC 12.3 running on Windows 7 which is hooked up to a Samsung LCD TV using the HDMI connector provided by the on-board AMD GPU. i'm experiencing a problem in which if i select WSAPI as my audio service provider, XBMC does not have sound when resuming from suspend or hibernate. aside from a complete restart of XBMC, i am able to get sound back by starting a video file (but not if i start a YouTube video, for example), or i can get it back by toggling the selected audio provider, which i think is basically forcing XBMC to re-init the audio subsystem.

if i have the DirectSound provider chosen instead of WSAPI, i experience none of the aforementioned issues, but i do experience one issue that is preventing me from just being content with the DirectSound option -- when i have DirectSound selected, i can no longer fast forward / rewind through the video that i'm currently watching. these operations work fine with the WSAPI audio provider selected.

i have experienced this issue through all Frodo releases. is this a known issue with a known solution, or am i in the unfortunate position to have one of those 'rare' bugs?

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
STRANGE audio issues: WSAPI vs DirectSound0