How to scrape for music artists?
How can I scrape for music artists? I tried right clicking artists and thought that change scraper, or update library would download artwork. It appears that a few artists have gotten artwork, but the majority of my collection has nothing. What am I doing wrong? I am using the Universal Scraper.
Do you also have the Universal Artist scraper installed? Additionally, in System--> Music--> Library - do you have the scraper set as the default service for artist information? You can also tick the "download additional information during updates" here...
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Yes, I have done all those things.
I would make sure that the scraper is installed properly. Either uninstall/reinstall (and make sure to configure the scraper), or check your debug log to make sure that the scraper is working properly. If it's not, there will be an entry in the log with something along the lines of "unable to ... scraper.xml" - I can't remember the exact error.

You might also try to export your library, and then remove the library and add it back. That's a drastic move, and if you have a large library, potentially time-consuming, but you will get a fresh scrape of all your artists, provided your scrapers are installed and configured correctly.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
when i go to add-ons/ add-on information, the uninstall option is grayed out and I can't select it.
(2012-07-28, 08:06)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: when i go to add-ons/ add-on information, the uninstall option is grayed out and I can't select it.

You'll have to switch to a different scraper first, and then you'll be able to uninstall.
I'm re-scanning my library, we'll see if that fixes the problem.
I am able to download album and artist information when i re-scan my library. Except the only way i can get artist artwork/fanart/etc. is to change the scraper, right click an artists folder, select query info for all artists. When I do this, the only folder that gets artwork is the folder I right clicked on. I want artist artwork for all artist folders, how can I query for all folders?
Try using cdart manager for the artwork.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to scrape for music artists?0