Easy way to make movie sets?
I'm on XBMCbuntu (Eden)..
I have "Group movies in sets" turned on.. but some are simply not being grouped.

Cirque Du Soliel collection... for instance.

Is there an easy way to take my list of movies and create a set for them?
Is there a menu item I am missing somewhere?
Is there an Add-on that will add this functionality from my remote?

Everything I'm finding says "edit the NFO file.."
And that requires exiting out of the GUI to the desktop and editing several dozen files, which defeats the purpose of having this all set up on my remote in the first place.

There is a move set add-on. You can also use one of the web interfaces
Add-on:XWMM (wiki)
(2012-07-29, 08:55)chaosmstr Wrote: Cirque Du Soliel collection... for instance.

Added Cirque du Soleil collection on themoviedb.org so if you should re-add/refresh those in about two days they should show up in a collection
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I am having the same issue with a few movie sets.

I have used XWMM in order to add stray movies to collections which are already showing but some I do not think have yet been created on themoviedb so they are not grouping together.

I have signed up to themoviedb in order to try add the collections myself so that they scrape but I cant find the option to.

Would someone be kind enough to add some collections to themoviedb or tell me how I can?

Thank you!!
@AnnaOmnity

Seriously! 2nd link down?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tmdb+add+movies+to+collection

Just dont go creating collections that are imaginary or unique only to you.

uNi
LOL thanks uNiversal.

I have tried to change the movie type field to 'Movie Collection' but it is showing a locked padlock and therefore I can't edit it Sad

(2013-02-13, 20:08)uNiversal Wrote: @AnnaOmnity

Seriously! 2nd link down?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tmdb+add+movies+to+collection

Just dont go creating collections that are imaginary or unique only to you.

uNi

Perhaps I am just being extraordinary stupid. The movie I am trying to create the collection for is :

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/7295-8mm-2
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/8224-8mm
https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/50c557da...40d000040a

Is the XBMC forums or the TMDB forums? I'm confused.

uNi
I'm reading the team's discussion about managing movie sets and i very much hope that XBMC will not go Plex way and make us use web browser to manage even most basic things. Sure, these kinds of supplementary tools/interfaces are great when they are optional, but imho it's XBMC's strength that we can edit stuff via XBMC itself, especially with the help of Phil65's library editor script.

If you make movies sets manageable only from a web interface where will it stop? Soon other things will follow and have to use the web interface to fix incorrect scraping matches..
We're not suggesting that at all. What we are suggesting is that basic stuff is editable inside XBMC (without add-ons) and more complicated stuff is better served via other avenues. That doesn't preclude an add-on allowing full on editing inside the XBMC UI if it wants.

The idea I have (you'll notice several disagree with me) on this front is that editing a single item (or even multiple items at once) could be something XBMC can take care of, whilst mass-editing a whole heap of items all at once is something better suited to an interface that allows simple multiple selection, drag n drop etc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-04-05, 08:37)toiva Wrote: If you make movies sets manageable only from a web interface where will it stop?

I sure hope it would eventually lead to XBMC backend running on a NAS.

Frankly, I can not imagine XBMC library system to develop any further without it. Almost every single addition in this regard is adding more and more to additional dialogs or context menu. You can say it's a matter of personal opinion but, for me, that kind of future looks like MediaMonkey in fullscreen, operated with a remote.

This does NOT mean I'm suggesting to get rid of all dialogs and manage every little thing in web browser. This only mean that when, say, I have made my sets on the XBMC backend, using web browser and mouse, they stay in a central location and are available to all devices I'm running XBMC on.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

What I do not fully understand is that we have 3 organisational units. So, instead of having one, say, "video collection" we have:

- tags
- sets
- video smartplaylists

?

Also, since additional video nodes are not possible ATM, lot of users are using sets and smart playlists to imitate this functionality, which in turn leads to user fragmentation - those who need "more advanced" skins to make those sets and smart playlists "work" and others which find those skins overwhelming.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

In the EDEN version I used NFO files to my movie sets and added the correct entries in the NFO file to make sets.
That worked fine for me.
I haven't checked it out on the FRODO version yet.
Additional video nodes are possible Huh Are you aware of this Custom video nodes (wiki) or are you referring to the ability to do something else?

Admittedly not very user friendly at the moment as it requires messing with xml files as this functionality is yet to be hooked up to the GUI, there will no doubt be a similar debate of how best to do this without crowding the GUI too much.
(2013-04-05, 13:02)jjd-uk Wrote: Additional video nodes are possible Huh Are you aware of this Custom video nodes (wiki) or are you referring to the ability to do something else?

What I had in mind was having custom nodes on home page. So instead of:

- Videos, Movies, TVShows you can have:

- Kids movies, Kids shows, Home clips, Movies, 3D Movies, TV Shows with your own thumbs and background image for each item.

Although Videos->Movies->filter or Videos->playlists->Movies 3D is perfectly accurate from a programers point of view in a way that you use grouping by media type (music vids, movies and tv under common container VIDEOS), in a real world you would like to group your media in a way that suits your needs and mental paradigm of your family members. Kids don't care about programmers paradigm at all, they tend to look for background/thumb they are familiar with and expect to be taken to their media directly, no extra steps or filters involved. And it's not all about kids - there are lot of users that want to make their own sections/items on home page. At least, my skinning experience and XBMC use case videos are showing this.

Can this or similar be achieved through existing IU? I guess it could be done and with a proper care it might not over-clutter UI. Could your settings be transferred to another PC, tablet or a phone once you've set thing up. Most probably, with more or less hassle. Could you transfer your library and thumb cache to other devices? I have never tried it but I guess you might. For the brave ones there's mysql.

Is there a better way to organise stuff without cluttering the UI? XBMC backend might be.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Easy way to make movie sets?0