Win htpc build for wmc,netflix 1080p & xbmc
(2012-08-01, 22:41)2.0t03speed Wrote: So you are streaming Netflix in HD with a e350?

This is a major limitation of the e350. And a reason why I wouldn't use it for this purpose.
(2012-08-01, 22:41)2.0t03speed Wrote: So you are streaming Netflix in HD with a e350?
Yes......

I wish that Netlfix and MS can get the latest Silverlight hardware acceleration to work properly. When they first introduced the latest Silverlight, I and other users had all kind of issues. It was fine before the latest Silverlight. With the latest Silverlight, I and others have to adjust video quality in the Netflix account to the middle PQ for it to stream fluently. Without adjusting video quality, none of my HTPC's (AMD and Intel alike) can stream fluently......it have been streaming flawless after I adjusted the video quality in Netflix account.......

Since G530/G620 are cheaper than E350, would as well go for the better CPU.......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Well did some more digging last night I think I might just end up going with the a6-3500 seems with a slight bump in clock speeds there is no problem with 1080p Netflix
A6-3500 or what bluray said.... the choices you have on your list are great. The A8 does run a little hotter. Yes 8 gigs it's too much but if you wan't 8 gigs why not! and I would change that CX-430 I had it and it crapped out on me. Have a fun time building.
Sorry for the bump, but I asked a similar question here with no luck: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139221

I guess what I really want to know is if an HTPC can stream Netflix at 1080p? The latest I've read is that Silverlight can't do Netflix at 1080p and it seems only a few devices and new TVs with built in apps can. Any truth to this? Thanks.
(2012-08-31, 07:36)riverhawk Wrote: I guess what I really want to know is if an HTPC can stream Netflix at 1080p?
Yes, HTPC can stream Netflix in 1080P........

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
htpc build for wmc,netflix 1080p & xbmc0