Linux MySQL Database xbmc_video60
Hi

I am just wondering in the future when I am upgrading my xbmc version, to which database should I point?
I know that somehwere in between eden and dharma, they have now a database called the same as the original one but with "60" appended to it.

Are these just backups of the original one, or is this database actually being used?
So in my advancedsettings.xml, should i point to xbmc_video in the future or to xbmc_video60?

Also I see xbmc for android is released, is it also possible there to point to the mysql database being used?

Thanks,

S.
Always point to xbmc_video without the dbversion. If you would point to xbmc_video60 - it would try to open xbmc_video6060.

You can't point to a specific version. XBMC will allways try to load the version it supports (that is maybe xbmc_video60 for eden and xbmc_video64 for current frodo nightlys). Once you start an XBMC with a new db sheme it will copy the db to xbmc_video<newversion> and adapt the db structure on first startup.

well something like that...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
so what you are saying is that after 20 versions I will end up with 20 copies of the Database ? :-)
Not exact copies. Just a slightly different layout needed with latest changes. Also it will skip any in between and go directly from 60 to 64
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I have 3 installations of XBMC with a single mysql database on nas
2 of these stations use xbmcbuntu (eden 11) and another using windows (eden 11)
If I wanted to use a version of XBMC Frodo on windows and use the same database
is it possible?

Well how I understand it, it would be possible since it will be that he creates a new db scheme for your frodo.
So for the eden he will use the _60 version, and for your frodo a_xx version.
I also assume that your versions will be not in sync anymore, being that if you watched a movie on the _60db, the watched flag will not be updated on the frodo version.
I can of course be wrong, but in any case a good question ... Any developers feedback on this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Database xbmc_video600