[WIP] As Yet Untitled Metro/Win8/Xbox 2012 Skin
Deleted
nice work. could become a useful Skin for touch input i think.
concerning your question: just take a black half-transparent overlay and dispay it underneath the dialog. we´re doing the same in Nox.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
this looks promesing
Nice ! Need ! ^^
What is "Black's phenomenal skin" you based yours on ? i searched but did not found it ...
(2012-08-02, 19:30)DuffBeer Wrote: Nice ! Need ! ^^
What is "Black's phenomenal skin" you based yours on ? i searched but did not found it ...

xperience1080. definitely worth a try, one of the best out there.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Thanks very much, guys, and I really appreciate your response Phil. I will try the Nox method (great work, by the way!) but I didn't think it was possible to play the songs from a dialog box. I'll certainly try over the weekend.

i will keep posting as I go along, and will likely be asking many questions.
(2012-08-03, 02:32)dgm1960 Wrote: Thanks very much, guys, and I really appreciate your response Phil. I will try the Nox method (great work, by the way!) but I didn't think it was possible to play the songs from a dialog box. I'll certainly try over the weekend.

i will keep posting as I go along, and will likely be asking many questions.

oh, sorry, thaught you only meant the black bg overlay. putting it into a dialog is indeed not possible, you´d have to create a "fake" dialog as a viewtype.
Nice project, will follow this one closely Wink
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
Hey dgm1960,

Looks good! Would love to see some more mockups. Wink

Oh... regarding the eventual skin name, i wouldn't go with 'Metro'. Microsoft got a slap on the wrist for using that one!!!! Laugh (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19108952)

Cheers
(2012-08-02, 20:25)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-08-02, 19:30)DuffBeer Wrote: Nice ! Need ! ^^

xperience1080. definitely worth a try, one of the best out there.

Thanks ! i will definitely try it !
While I'm not a fan of the "metro" style UI on a desktop - I think it works well for touchscreens and remote control apps... and what you've shown for XBMC will work great, and look great too.

definitely following this skin Smile

For a name... how about Squarish Rectangulary Thingies... jk. How about 'Tiles'
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Wow!!!! Great work.

Would be great if each "part" of XBMC could be split out into a separate tile in Win8, and then load into something that looks like what you posted. (I know it is well out of the scope of what you are doing, just saying).
Sexy, there can not be enough Metro inspired skins! :-)
Thanks very much for all of your replies. I am working on the home screen and should have some screens up later in the week or over the weekend. I play on following the Win8 - Xbox media apps as closely as possible, but with the more fluid transitions, etc that XBMC provides. Thanks again, and I'll keep you posted on my progress. BTW, I do like the name "Tiles"!
I must say, I do love that white tile look you are using!

One thing I have learned when using the Metro style (I am working on a similar style skin)- the Win8 apps assume you are sitting at a desk only a foot or two from the monitor, hence the touch-centric design. Because of that they are able to use very small text in their interfaces (like the music interface up top). I have found that you really need to dramatically increase those font sizes and tile sizes in order for people to be able to actually be able to read them when sitting 6 feet away on a couch.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] As Yet Untitled Metro/Win8/Xbox 2012 Skin3