Change advancedsettings.xml
Hi!
I've been trying to create an advancedsettings.xml to be able to adjust the delay further on the subtitles, but I've had no luck.

I put it in users\fronrow\library\application support\xbmc\user data

This is the content:
<advancedsettings>
  <videos>
    <subsdelayrange>240</subsdelayrange>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

I tried to create it in plain text using text editor (mac osx-user) but no luck, so i tried word 2010 and saved it in xml-format and still nothing.

The xbmc-log says the following:
15:18:06 T:2684407808 NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
15:18:06 T:2684407808 ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 4

Any one have any ideas?

Regards
Johan

[Solved]
The problem was the xml-format when I created it on the mac. I used a PC and it worked great.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Glad you got it sorted out in the end. The error message tells you what was wrong with your original file:
(2012-08-03, 15:45)johanwidell Wrote: The xbmc-log says the following:
15:18:06 T:2684407808 NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
15:18:06 T:2684407808 ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 4
Looking at line 4 of your file, you'll notice the end tag there doesn't match the start tag in line 2:
Quote:<advancedsettings>
  <videos>
    <subsdelayrange>240</subsdelayrange>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
The </video> tag actually is correct; the <videos> tag in line 2 has an extraneous "s"; however, XML barfed at line 4 because there was no matching start tag for the end tag it encountered there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change advancedsettings.xml0