• 9(current)
DTS-HD 7.1 only detected as 5.1 channels
So reading through this thread made me a little bit confused now.

I am using the latest Millhouse Builds on an Intel NUC.

I have deactivated passthrough and my Denon AVR receives PCM.

So whatever i play... DTS-HD or not it will be decoded in the right way?
with PT disabled you should get bit perfect decoded HD audio via PCM. Beware that if you use PCM, you have to configure the correct number of speakers while on PT via SPDIF you need to configure 2.0 speakers.
(2016-02-26, 12:33)da-anda Wrote: with PT disabled you should get bit perfect decoded HD audio via PCM. Beware that if you use PCM, you have to configure the correct number of speakers while on PT via SPDIF you need to configure 2.0 speakers.

So how about the speakers.

I have a 5.1 System and i´ve set my AVR to put anything out to 5.1 - DENON does also a nice job on Dolby 2.x Wink

So do i have to set 7.1 in Kodi or 5.1. Does Kodi allready the downscaling of more than 6 Channels?
if you only have a 5.1 system, then set speakers to 5.1 and Kodi will do the downscaling (AFAIK). In doubt just give it a try with a 7.1 speaker test sample that plays a sound for each speaker individually.

edit: this ofc depends a bit on the capabilities of your AVR. If your AVR can handle 7.1 but you only plugged 5.1 speaker setup, you can also use 7.1 and let your AVR handle the channel mixing.
(2016-02-26, 14:36)da-anda Wrote: if you only have a 5.1 system, then set speakers to 5.1 and Kodi will do the downscaling (AFAIK). In doubt just give it a try with a 7.1 speaker test sample that plays a sound for each speaker individually.

edit: this ofc depends a bit on the capabilities of your AVR. If your AVR can handle 7.1 but you only plugged 5.1 speaker setup, you can also use 7.1 and let your AVR handle the channel mixing.

Thx!

I´ve set Kodi to 7.1 now and this is what my AVR receives.

It might be better to let the AVR do the downscaling becoz of Audyssey EQ. Wink
Sorry, I'm a little confused, in the end is capable Kodi (version 16, on QNAP NAS with HDMI output) of passthrough DTS-HD ?
I tried all the combinations in Kodi settings (as I see 2 HDMI options), on one of them I can see the "DTS-HD capable receiver" but when I play a video no sound is received, and on the other option I don't have DTS-HD and the sound received is only DTS.
My receiver is capable of DTS-HD as I previously played on my WD Live media player.
Kodi has been capable of DTS-HD passthrough for a long time now on the Operating Systems which support it.

If you can't get DTS-HD out of your Qnap there it's either a configuration problem, or a a problem with the underlying OS Kodi is running on. Note also the Kodi version that comes pre-installed on Qnap devices is nothing to do with us and may have been modified from the version available from our download pages or Linux ppa's. The best thing you can do is start a new thread in the Linux support section (since the Qnap has a Linux based OS) describing the problem, what hardware you have, and how it's connected together, and include a debug log_file (wiki) of you trying to play a DTS-HD file.
Thank you, I will do so!
Hi! I just cannot get the 7.1 audio out of the DTS-HD MA 7.1 mkv’s with Kodi. I have the Yamaha RX-v781 receiver that detects the DTS-HD MA, but always outputs it 5.1. Dolby Atmos works 7.1. with no problems. I have tried disabling the DTS and DTS HD passthroughs and also tried everything with the receiver advandec settings.

I have LibreELEC (official) 9.2.4 (kernel Linux 5.1.16) with capable hardware.
HDMI ouput

(2020-10-15, 08:45)Valerian4 Wrote: Hi! I just cannot get the 7.1 audio out of the DTS-HD MA 7.1 mkv’s with Kodi. I have the Yamaha RX-v781 receiver that detects the DTS-HD MA, but always outputs it 5.1. Dolby Atmos works 7.1. with no problems. I have tried disabling the DTS and DTS HD passthroughs and also tried everything with the receiver advandec settings.

(2020-10-15, 08:45)Valerian4 Wrote: Hi! I just cannot get the 7.1 audio out of the DTS-HD MA 7.1 mkv’s with Kodi. I have the Yamaha RX-v781 receiver that detects the DTS-HD MA, but always outputs it 5.1. Dolby Atmos works 7.1. with no problems. I have tried disabling the DTS and DTS HD passthroughs and also tried everything with the receiver advandec settings.

With passthrough enabled, it shouldn't matter really, but make sure your audio setup is set to 7.1 for straight PCM 7.1 passthrough to the receiver.  Also, are you certain the MKVs have 7.1 in them (does Kodi report that or is it just assumed from the dump?  Is there more than one track in the MKV (info set to output 7.1 track?).  By advanced settings, I'm sure you checked off that your receiver can handle DTS-HD 7.1 tracks, correct? (since you indicate Atmos works).  Did you test a 7.1 True-HD track without Atmos and see if it gets 7.1 (assuming you own one; they were kind of rare before Atmos came out, especially with 7.1).

If the receiver detects DTS-HD MA, then it's probably set right (ignore above about settings, although verify KODI sees it as 7.1).  Can you get it as 7.1 by letting KODI output 7.1 multi-channel PCM instead (i.e. no passthrough with KODI set to 7.1 output)?  Is there any receiver setting that might somehow affect the output to 5.1 (I have a Marantz 7012 11.1 based Atmos/X/Auro-3D receiver so I'm not familiar with the current Yamaha 7.1/Atmos receivers software; my last Yamaha was pre-DTS-HD and pre-True-HD (it had 7.1 output, but only for dual rears and 7.1 passthrough from an external source via RCA like an external processor and only handled up to 6.1 DTS-ES internally).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-HD 7.1 only detected as 5.1 channels1