Solved "Add to playlist" button
i guess this is another suggestion that could be fixed by editing the skin and adding a script... but i think it'd make a great addition anyway.

i use playlists a lot, and am always getting new songs/music videos... and could really do with an "add to playlist" button in the context menu that'd let you add the current item to an existing playlist.

and on that note... when saving a playlist or profile, why not give the user the ability to select an existing playlist/profile to overwrite? would be very handy.

would anyone else use these features? or am i the only one?
you can already do this via the context menu. the option says "queue item"
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sorry, i wasn't very clear... i know 'queue item' adds the item to the current playlist, but what i was meaning was that it may give the user the option to add it to a previously saved playlist instead.

i guess since if i'm the only one that knows what i'm rambling about, then i'm the only one that'd use such a feature... oh well.
simply load the playlist, add the songs to the playlist with y, change to playlist with black and select save on the left
I have the same problem and tried Q and middle click shortcuts to add the currently played movie to an existing playlist but couldn't figure out how to do it, if it is possible. As Xandalus said creating a new playlist and adding items to it is simple, but once it is created there seem to be no way items can be added to it, and a new playlist needs to be created whenever I want to add new items. I wish someone explain if we are missing something, or this feature just doesn't exist in the program.
Even though this is bumping a thread from 2005, it's all still relevant to the current version of XBMC. XBMC currently lacks an elegant solution to editing pre-existing basic playlists (wiki). There is an add-on that basically supplemented XBMC's internal basic playlists, and those were editable. Maybe someone can use that as a basis for something that is more hooked into XBMC's internals? http://addons.xbmc.org/show/script.simpleplaylists/
Thank you for the answer Ned. It would be nice if that is included in some of the future releases of the program, it is a pretty basic functionality most people will find useful I guess.
I would like to bump this as well. Currently the first google search for "xbmc add to playlist button".

Would very handy for building playlists to be able to go to albums, hit 'c', add to playlist -> (choice of playlist).
I guess it has been requested a long time ago, but I really wish this feature was available.

Add currently playing song to a named playlist.
Remove currently playing song from a named list.

What a difference that would make!

Are there any add-ons or skins that can do this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,

-gt
Couldn't agree more. Would love to see this. There are actually some threads about it.
This request is nearing its 10th birthday soon. Maybe some kind dev could wrap this into some nice code and make a present out of it in Isengard? Tongue
For movies there was a nice addon. It works perfect but under kodi 15 it doesnt work anymore Sad

+1 If a dev could wrap this in standard code
Come ooooon. Are there really only a handful of users (and devs) using the music section? This would be such a sweet addition.
it was always a nice addition for movie section. It was not a nice way like it works now. A button when i scroll through my library to add movies to a playlist was a nice feature
+1

This would be a super addition to easily add songs to an existing named playlist. Hope it can be built soon :-)

(2015-02-12, 04:46)gtempo Wrote: I guess it has been requested a long time ago, but I really wish this feature was available.

Add currently playing song to a named playlist.
Remove currently playing song from a named list.

What a difference that would make!

Are there any add-ons or skins that can do this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,

-gt
Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
Plus testing v17 nighlies on Macbook, and using Estuary skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Add to playlist" button1