• 1(current)
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread
I'm not sure how many of you all would agree, but I thought it would be best if we had a thread made especially so that users can post their mods and ask question if they run into problems. Thought it would be better than having them lost in the main thread.

I've always liked the old episode view and decided to port it over to Nox 3.0. As u can see from the screen below, everything seems to be in order when using it for episodes...

But i'm not entirely sure how to make the thumbs display the series landscape and poster at the series level. This is what it looks like as it is now....

I'd also like it to display movie fanart and poster for movies. This is how it is now...

also, i'm using the wall_bg_small.png that was used in the old episode view, but for some reason it's displayed a lot darker than it did before. I'm guessing there's a second overlay under it but I can't figure out how to remove it.

I'd appreciate assistance from anyone with the time and I'll post the final files once it's done.

For anyone who's interested, here's the final version of the classic episode view. Enjoy..... (http://www.mediafire.com/?5c6bmd0d9bbtmc6)

Also here's the mod that's need to fix the flags. Mod is done to the Includes_MediaFlags. Search for the lines with the dashes ( - ) and replace them with the ones with the plus sign ( + ).

PHP Code:
+        <animation effect="slide" start="0" end="64" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512) | Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation>

-        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-680" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation>

-        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="64" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512)">Conditional</animation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="99" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512) | Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation>

-        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="99" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512)">Conditional</animation>

-        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-645" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+          <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-68" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512) | Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation>

-          <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-68" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512)">Conditional</animation>

-          <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-812" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation

+          <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-724" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation>

-            <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-2205" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation>

+        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="138" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512) | Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation>

-        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="138" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512)">Conditional</animation>

-        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-604" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation

+        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-824" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512) | Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation>

-        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-1568" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation>

-        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-824" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512)">Conditional</animation

+        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-784" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512) | Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation>

-        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-784" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512)">Conditional</animation>

-        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-1528" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation

+        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-746" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512) | Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation>

-        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-746" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(512)">Conditional</animation>

-        <
animation effect="slide" start="0" end="-1490" reversible="true" condition="Control.IsVisible(514)">Conditional</animation

Here you go: https://rapidshare.com/files/3795123834/...pisode.xml

I just changed the variables you used in lines 93 and 233 (94 and 234 after the additional line) for the landscape and poster respectively. Also, I added a dummy animation after line 8 to emulate a transparency for your wall_bg_small.png. You can select this transparency yourself by changing end="80" to whatever you want.
Wow! thx a lot bro! Big Grin wasn't expecting such a quick response. the fixes work great too. Nod only thing now is to figure out how to reposition the series rating and studio flags in the series view and to display the correct episode count in the bottom left while not showing it for movies. i figured the changes are to be made in the Includes_MediaFlags.xml, but i'm not sure which to change (i know, i'm a n00b). i'd also like to not have the option to use the episode view for the tv season view.
- In Includes_MediaFlags.xml search for the 8 slide animations with condition "Control.IsVisible(514)". These represent the various flags. By changing the term "end" you can change their horizontal position.
- I can't remember what exactly you have to change for the episodes on the bottom left side, but I think it's something in Includes_Viewtypes.xml, try searching it for "Control.IsVisible(514)" or "Skin.String(Nox.actualViewtype),episode". I'll check it tomorrow.
- I tried it, and the Episode viewtype can already be used in season view, even though it doesn't look very good unless you have season landscapes:

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go to sleep, I'm working in a few hours!
sorry, didn't realize u had to work. take ur time. imma see how much i can fix in the meantime.

PS. i meant i wanted episode view to NOT be selectable for season view.
OK, back again. As it turns out the number of episodes in the bottom left corner is in Viewtype_Episode.xml, lines 198-207. You can just remove all of them so that it goes away completely. Alternatively, I would suggest replacing line 206 with "<label>$INFO[Container(514).NumItems] [LOWERCASE]$VAR[ItemLabelVar][/LOWERCASE]</label>", so that it shows the total number of movies/shows/episodes. If you don't want to see it in movies, for example, add this line right after line 206: "<visible>!Container.Content(movies)</visible>".

Now, regarding the Episode viewtype not being available on season level (I can't imagine why you'd want that), you'll have to remove " | Container.Content(seasons)" from the following:
Viewtype_Episode.xml, line 39
custom_1121_MediaMenu.xml, line 176
ok. i was able to make the required fixes. thx. i think i'll leave the episode view selectable for seasons, but i can't get it to use the landscape.jpg file in the season folder. i'm not sure if it's just my naming convention that wrong, but it doesn't work.
The season landscapes should be named "seasonXX-landscape.jpg", and be placed in the Show's root folder. Also, you must open custom_1126_ViewtypeSettings.xml and replace line 499 with "<visible>Container.Content(seasons) + [stringcompare(Skin.String(Nox.actualViewtype),landscape)|stringcompare(Skin.String(Nox.actualViewtype),episode)]</visible>".

You should also replace line 669 with "<visible>Container.Content(tvshows) + stringcompare(Skin.String(Nox.actualViewtype),episode)</visible>", since that option is no longer needed.
Great idea to have a mod thread instead of cluttering the release thread.

Here's one that came about from an idea of Deano316 and the coding skill of defluo. The mod enables a single movie (or TVshow) logo to be displayed at a time when using the Landscape viewtype with the logo option selected. Like so:

Here's the modified code that must be placed in the Viewtype_Landscape.xml.

Replace lines 105 to 146 with:
PHP Code:
<itemlayout width="600" height="450" condition="[Skin.HasSetting(Nox.landscapelogo) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies)]]">
            <
control type="image">
                <
posx>-1000</posx>
                <
posy>178</posy>
                <
width>420</width>
                <
height>164</height>
                <
aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
                <
texture fallback="fallback.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,logo.png]</texture>
            </
control>
            <
control type="image">
                <
posx>-1000</posx>
                <
posy>345</posy>
                <
width>420</width>
                <
height>164</height>
                <
aspectratio aligny="top">keep</aspectratio>
                <
texture flipy="true" fallback="fallback.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,logo.png]</texture>
                <
animation effect="fade" start="10" end="10" time="200" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
            </
control>
        </
itemlayout>
        <
focusedlayout width="2500" height="450" condition="[Skin.HasSetting(Nox.landscapelogo) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies)]]">
            <
control type="group">
                <
animation effect="zoom" center="auto" start="100" end="122" time="600" tween="back" easing="out" reversible="false">Focus</animation>
                <
animation effect="zoom" center="auto" start="122" end="100" time="200" tween="back" easing="out" reversible="false">UnFocus</animation>
                <
control type="image">
                    <
posx>62</posx>
                    <
posy>178</posy>
                    <
width>390</width>
                    <
height>164</height>
                    <
                    <
                </
control>
                <
control type="image">
                    <
posx>62</posx>
                    <
posy>345</posy>
                    <
width>390</width>
                    <
height>164</height>
                    <
                    <
texture flipy="true" fallback="fallback.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,logo.png]</texture>
                    <
animation effect="fade" start="10" end="10" time="200" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
                </
control>
            </
control>
        </
focusedlayout

ALSO lines 96-99 with:
PHP Code:
<animation effect="zoom" center="auto" start="122" end="122" time="300" tween="quadratic" easing="out" reversible="false">Focus</animation>
                <
animation type="UnFocus" condition="Control.HasFocus(503)">
                    <
effect type="slide" start="0" end="-57" time="0" tween="quadratic" easing="out" />
                    <
effect type="zoom" center="auto" start="122" end="122" time="300" tween="quadratic" easing="out" /> 

AND lines 126-127 with:
PHP Code:
<animation effect="zoom" center="auto" start="122" end="122" time="600" tween="back" easing="out" reversible="false">Focus</animation>
                <
animation effect="zoom" center="auto" start="122" end="122" time="200" tween="back" easing="out" reversible="false">UnFocus</animation

If you only want Movies, and not TVshows to be affected use this code instead (and the code for lines 96-99 & 126-127):
Replace lines 105-146 with:
PHP Code:
<itemlayout width="600" height="450" condition="[Skin.HasSetting(Nox.landscapelogo) + Container.Content(movies)]">
            <
control type="image">
                <
posx>-1000</posx>
                <
posy>178</posy>
                <
width>420</width>
                <
height>164</height>
                <
                <
            </
control>
            <
control type="image">
                <
posx>-1000</posx>
                <
posy>345</posy>
                <
width>420</width>
                <
height>164</height>
                <
                <
                <
            </
control>
        </
itemlayout>
        <
focusedlayout width="2500" height="450" condition="[Skin.HasSetting(Nox.landscapelogo) + Container.Content(movies)]">
            <
control type="group">
                <
animation effect="zoom" center="auto" start="100" end="122" time="600" tween="back" easing="out" reversible="false">Focus</animation>
                <
animation effect="zoom" center="auto" start="122" end="100" time="200" tween="back" easing="out" reversible="false">UnFocus</animation>
                <
control type="image">
                    <
posx>62</posx>
                    <
posy>178</posy>
                    <
width>390</width>
                    <
height>164</height>
                    <
                    <
                </
control>
                <
control type="image">
                    <
posx>62</posx>
                    <
posy>345</posy>
                    <
width>390</width>
                    <
height>164</height>
                    <
                    <
                    <
                </
control>
            </
control>
        </
focusedlayout
               <
itemlayout width="495" height="450" condition="[Skin.HasSetting(Nox.landscapelogo) + Container.Content(tvshows)]">
            <
control type="image">
                <
posx>38</posx>
                <
posy>178</posy>
                <
width>420</width>
                <
height>164</height>
                <
                <
            </
control>
            <
control type="image">
                <
posx>38</posx>
                <
posy>345</posy>
                <
width>420</width>
                <
height>164</height>
                <
                <
                <
            </
control>
        </
itemlayout>
        <
focusedlayout width="495" height="450" condition="[Skin.HasSetting(Nox.landscapelogo) + Container.Content(tvshows)]">
            <
control type="group">
                <
                <
                <
control type="image">
                    <
posx>52</posx>
                    <
posy>178</posy>
                    <
width>390</width>
                    <
height>164</height>
                    <
                    <
                </
control>
                <
control type="image">
                    <
posx>52</posx>
                    <
posy>345</posy>
                    <
width>390</width>
                    <
height>164</height>
                    <
                    <
                    <
                </
control>
            </
control>
        </
focusedlayout

Again, this was Deano316's idea and defluo's coding skill. I just gathered the info together for this thread!

EDIT: Additional mods for trailer playback behavior within this viewtype can be found here!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I'm planning on attempting to remove the rating strings from the following locations:
  • Showcase, above the title in the bottom middle of the screen, I think when something like "details" is set to display instead of genre. It has <YEAR> <LENGTH> #.# (# votes). I want to get rid of the "#.# (# votes)".
  • Low List - the "#.#" as seen here - http://www.htpc-reviews.com/wp-content/u...fault8.jpg
  • Episode view (I think) - the "#.#" next to the year underneath the episode title.

I also want to add something to the info frame for sets in Showcase view, so that it says something like "Select to view set contents" when a set is displayed, instead of a bunch of "info unavailable" fields.

Any tips on how to make these mods?
Great idea fora separate thread for mods!

I have always liked the landscape logo view, however I really depend on the 'watched' flags, so I have to use the landscape 'posterthingy'...

Is someone perhaps able to add some sort of watched flag to the landscape logo view?

It would be greatly apriciated!
(2012-06-05, 00:16)CutSickAss Wrote: The season landscapes should be named "seasonXX-landscape.jpg", and be placed in the Show's root folder. Also, you must open custom_1126_ViewtypeSettings.xml and replace line 499 with "<visible>Container.Content(seasons) + [stringcompare(Skin.String(Nox.actualViewtype),landscape)|stringcompare(Skin.String(Nox.actualViewtype),episode)]</visible>".

You should also replace line 669 with "<visible>Container.Content(tvshows) + stringcompare(Skin.String(Nox.actualViewtype),episode)</visible>", since that option is no longer needed.

i made the changes to the custom_1126_ViewtypeSettings.xml, but i'm still not seeing the season landscape in season view. i'm also getting a weird flicker when enabling landscape.jpg for the "Landscape' view. i'm still experimenting to see what could be wrong. is it working for u CutSickAss?
(2012-06-06, 00:54)Shinu Wrote: i made the changes to the custom_1126_ViewtypeSettings.xml, but i'm still not seeing the season landscape in season view. i'm also getting a weird flicker when enabling landscape.jpg for the "Landscape' view. i'm still experimenting to see what could be wrong. is it working for u CutSickAss?

First of all, I repeat, custom_1126_ViewtypeSettings.xml, line 499, it should be:
PHP Code:
<visible>Container.Content(seasons) + [stringcompare(Skin.String(Nox.actualViewtype),landscape)|stringcompare(Skin.String(Nox.actualViewtype),episode)]</visible

Don't forget the naming format "seasonXX-landscape.jpg" on the ROOT folder (although, I think that if the series has less than 10 seasons, the names should be "seasonX-landscape.jpg"). I just used the Artwork Downloader add-on (TV Show Info -> Get Artwork) to download 16:9 season thumbs which are what you want. They work just fine for me:

About the flicker, are you using nightlies? Is your screen resolution 16:9? I haven't noticed any flickering myself.
OK, the problem was naming the files seasonX-landscape.jpg instead of seasonXX-landscape.jpg. got them to work. i'm not using the nightly build. the flicker only appears when there's no landscape file in the Landscape viewtype. not a big deal though. thanks a mil for the help CutSickAss. i really appreciate it. i'll post the final files later.
(2012-06-05, 21:12)Brent212 Wrote: I'm planning on attempting to remove the rating strings from the following locations:
  • Showcase, above the title in the bottom middle of the screen, I think when something like "details" is set to display instead of genre. It has <YEAR> <LENGTH> #.# (# votes). I want to get rid of the "#.# (# votes)".
  • Low List - the "#.#" as seen here - http://www.htpc-reviews.com/wp-content/u...fault8.jpg
  • Episode view (I think) - the "#.#" next to the year underneath the episode title.

I also want to add something to the info frame for sets in Showcase view, so that it says something like "Select to view set contents" when a set is displayed, instead of a bunch of "info unavailable" fields.

Any tips on how to make these mods?

- Variables.xml, line 299, remove "$INFO[ListItem.RatingAndVotes, • ]".
- Viewtype_LowList.xml, remove lines 794-804, and replace line 787 with "<height>66</height>". If you want the rating not to appear in the rest of the movies, remove lines 724-735 as well... if you want them to show the year instead of nothing, replace line 734 with "<label>$INFO[ListItem.Year]</label>".
- Variables.xml, remove "$INFO[ListItem.Rating, • ]" from lines 837-838, as well as from line 136 in Viewtype_Episode.xml (I may be wrong about the line numbers because I've made some changes myself, just do a text search if there's a problem).

Regarding moviesets, open Includes_Viewtypes.xml. The moviesets tags are after line 888, you could try editing the label fallbacks to something like: <label fallback="Select to view set contents">

EDIT: This is about the MovieSet add-on. What you were talking about is a bit more complex. The easy way would be to open Includes_Viewtypes.xml, find all occurances of "FanartPanelValueXVar" where "X" is a number ranging from 1 to 6 (just do a search for "FanartPanelValue", it appears 8 times), and replace the fallback="312577" in those lines with a more generic term, making them like this: <label fallback="Whatever you want">FanartPanelValue1Var</label>

Have to mention that the above (easy) way changes the fallback for all the places those labels (genre,director,etc) appear, not only the movie sets. The hard way would distinguish between moviesets and regular movies, but would require adding about 88 lines of code in Includes_Viewtype.xml. Not worth it, in my opinion.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 3 Modding Thread8