Win issues on power savings option "Put display to sleep when idle"
Still an issue with 12.2
(2013-05-05, 06:12)Riot504 Wrote: Still an issue with 12.2

I was just about to test this myself in the hope it was fixed Blush

For now, I've just left the XBMC screensaver disabled under Windows, as per the suggestions above, which circumvents the issue at the cost of not having a screensaver.
Hope it gets sorted soon!

Loving 12.2 otherwise.
(2013-02-03, 23:27)mupet0000 Wrote: I'm seeing this issue as well on the Frodo final. I've got mine set to 5 minutes, it doesn't turn off the display, the screen turns black and then turns back on and the news text at the bottom scrolls by but really laggy. Then 5 minutes later the screen actually turns off, this could be due to Windows being set to turn off the display after 5 minutes also. But when a video is paused, the screen doesn't turn off at all.

I have the exact same issue with a minimal Ubuntu 12.04 install and the latest Frodo 12.2 installed from the stable XBMC ppa.
This has been really bugging me, thanks for this guys.
This solved my sleep problems and now my HTPC sleeps like a baby.
I'm curious, what's the trick to getting "Put Display To Sleep When Idle" to work under Kodi / Helix? I have this setting enabled; however, nether of my monitors turn off after the time specified.

Ironically, Kodi, is the ONLY Windows application that actually prevents Windows Power Saving - Monitor Sleep.

Maybe, I need to turn this setting off in Kodi; and, let Windows handle it?
Do you have Kodi minimised or maximised when monitor sleep doesn't kick in? if maximised then is it true fullscreen? or windowed (fullscreen or not)?
It doesn't matter if Kodi is Minimized or Windowed, Kodi.exe prevents Windows Power Savings - Monitor Sleep; at least on my setup.

I'm not home to test this; but, maybe if I disable "Put Display To Sleep When Idle" in Kodi, Kodi won't interfere with Windows Monitor Power Savings? I really don't want to have to exit Kodi completely from memory every time I leave my HTPC.

PS: I have animated zoom Wallpaper in Kodi (Aeon MQ5 Skin). Maybe, that's that's causing issues with Kodi's Monitor Powersavings?

(2015-04-22, 16:26)jjd-uk Wrote: Do you have Kodi minimised or maximised when monitor sleep doesn't kick in? if maximised then is it true fullscreen? or windowed (fullscreen or not)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
issues on power savings option "Put display to sleep when idle"2