(MacBook Pro Retina) Eden - Mountain Lion crashing
I have searched the site here and have not really seen many issues with xbmc running on Mountain Lion but I am having lots of issues with it crashing on startup and while in video play back. Also the mouse cursor does not go away when video is playing.

I am running the release version of Eden 11.0 on 3 other mac's same release and setups and a ATV2

I use a MySQL DB and shared settings.

Big Grin The Main Media system is a Mac Mini running Lion and it works great.
Big Grin the ATV2 works great
Big Grin The iMac running Lion works great.
Sad The Mac Mini Server running Mountain Lion is not working very well with xbmc at all.
Sad The MacBook Pro Retina is not working very well with xbmc at all.

I have also tried the new nightly builds and the problems got worse.

So my question is anyone else have these kinds of issues with OS X Mountain Lion?
mine craches too... on both mac minis (one with lion and the other with mountain lion). Can not figure why...
I have tried both the latest and the pre version. It seems the pre version holds up a few more minutes that the release version of eden.

Process: XBMC [32257]
Path: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC
Identifier: com.teamxbmc.xbmc
Version: 11.0.pre (Git-20120329-df3512d)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [138]

Date/Time: 2012-08-05 23:31:40.171 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.4 (11E53)
Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 369774 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 13
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 373 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 4
Anonymous UUID: 94BF7148-4A6A-4E1A-87FE-9EBAF0F24345

Crashed Thread: 5

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000e74d05e3
Hello,

no problem with latest nightly + mountain lion on Mac Mini end-2011.

Just had to disable Hardware Acceleration. Cause my videos where flickering green. Have you tried the tool cleanmymac to remove all the XBMC stuffs that are "hidden" and do a clean install ?

Regards
Process: XBMC [13763]
Path: /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC
Identifier: com.teamxbmc.xbmc
Version: 11.0 (Git-20120321-14feb09)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [494]

Date/Time: 2012-07-18 17:52:57.281 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7.4 (11E53)
Report Version: 9

Interval Since Last Report: 1720305 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 2
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 42194 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 1
Anonymous UUID: DEFE05F6-B24B-4EA8-80C4-2C6987EC30D6

Crashed Thread: 7

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
objc[13763]: garbage collection is OFF

put the full crashlog to pastebin.com and put the link here. What are people thinking we can read out of this partly number crap they throw at us sometimes?. Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Here is the the link crash report: http://pastebin.com/FMvXEiru

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/rUGXfCgB

Note this happened starting it up.

Your crash is fixed in the nightlies since some month ago. For sure its sad that this bug is in Eden, but thats how live goes in the developers world.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
When I loaded the nightly I had even more crashes with xbmc but I will try it again and see what happens
OK I put a new build from last night in and things got worse I have attached the crash report link.

http://pastebin.com/qaVqJZLF

and log

http://pastebin.com/X07zzfAZ

application crashes just moving through the menus.

You should remove the pathsubstitution to the thumbnail folder. The complete thumbnailcaching has changed in pre-Frodo. Though this is a crash in nfs somewhere. The first crash in NFS since Eden - nobody had this before. Not sure if i will be able to reproduce that strange one.

Beside that you have permission issues on your nfs export (thats where it crashes - of course it shouldn't):

Code:
1316.18:37:30 T:4700000256   ERROR: CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : '//xbmc/Thumbnails/2/24369110.png' error : 'open call failed with "NFS: ACCESS denied. Required access rw-. Allowed access r--"'
I think i have fixed that nfs crash in the next nightly. Thx for the report.
Ok I have a question I have five xbmc systems setup running Eden and MySQL DBS but as you know they use MyMusic## and MyVideos## but when I installed the nightly build it created new versions of the databases for the nightly build. This is a problem because now my systems are not in sync.

Is there anyway to get around this?

I don't want to upgrade all my other systems just to try and get my MBPR working.
don't run a MySQL DBS on the MBPR.
no way around if you want them to use the same db they need to be the same versions...
(2012-08-16, 18:27)Memphiz Wrote: I think i have fixed that nfs crash in the next nightly. Thx for the report.

FYI when I did install the new nightly it did seem to run much more stable and I was not getting any errors with NFS I just wanted to let you know.

I have gone back to EDEN because of the shared MySQL DB I use in the house my Lib is very big 400gb of music and 9TB of video and not having synced XBMC clients just does not work for me. My main system Mac Mini running Lion and the MySQL db server runs Eden without any issues at all and I don't want to take a chance that the nightly builds will cause me issues on my main system.

Also for my information when the builds are done they are done for all operating systems so if I got the nightly for OSX, and IOS, they would be the same correct? So I would not have this same type of DB out of sync issues because they want to create new db's with different names.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(MacBook Pro Retina) Eden - Mountain Lion crashing0