Channel move not saved (MediaPortal)?
I have v.11 with MediaPortal plug-in. Everything is perfect, apart from I am able to move (sort) channels, but if I exit XBMC, the channels are back to their original positions. If I hide a channel it is still hidden after exit and restart.

Is there a way to "save" the channel order?

BR Steen
When i used xbmc with mediaportal, i found that the only thing that worked properly with channel ordering was to :

1 Create a channel group in MP
2 in mp : Add all the channels you want to show up in xbmc
3 in mp : Change channel numbers and order of the channels in your channel group (i used 1,2,3,4 up to 60)
4 in xbmc mp addon settings, choose to only import channels from your group
5 and finally , in the xbmc mp addon settings, choose to use channel numbering/order from your backend (mp)

Hope this helps
Br
PG
Thank's for the advice, but I can't get the last necessary detail to work. Step 1-3 is done. Step 4 - I can not see the group name, but if I type it in manually, I just get the radio channels transferred.

In short I can not get group import to work.

BR Steen
Bump - mrpg, I am having the same issue for sorting, I did the same things as you did up there, but still the channel sorting does not work.

One thing I did not do is change the channel numbers though. That'd be a nightmare because I have hundreds of channels!

It's very frustrating
This custom tool will allow to renumber channels in alphabetic order with one click.
http://depositfiles.com/files/idxer5dgc
(2012-10-19, 10:27)thug Wrote: This custom tool will allow to renumber channels in alphabetic order with one click.
http://depositfiles.com/files/idxer5dgc

Thanks, I'll check it out!
@thug, that program works only with MS SQL right? I've set mine to use Mysql. But thanks anyway, you reminded me I could actually rename them directly in Mysql as soon as I understand the data structure!
yeah, I totally forgot about mysql Wink sorry...
a little off: btw, i switched to fortherecord backend finally, its harder to setup but it works much better (imho)
I thought about using 4therecord but the major thing holding me back is that there is no decent android client that can playback channels yet. And pvr is not working yet on the androId xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel move not saved (MediaPortal)?0