Light skin for ageing hardware.
I'm retiring my old Laptop as the living-room media centre and I intent to use XBMC as the interface. But this is a fairly old laptop with a very slow graphics card and a slow video driver on top of that. Even thou the hardware is way bellow the minimum requirements the playback working very well with XBMC using VLC as an external video player, but the menu navigations are a bit slow because off all the skin effects are too much for my poor machine.

I've noticed that some menus on some skins work very well because they don't have many effects, so I believe I can have a snappy experience if I install a skin with less effects in general.

So, I'm looking for a skin with:

- No transparencies
- No changing backgrounds
- No fade in/out animations
- No animations at all if possible

Is there any skin(s) fitting some or all those requirements?
confluence, the default theme
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Give Metropolis a look too......
See my signature for Confluence MOD...really fast with some bells and whistles
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
I think you should try refocus or one of the refocus mods aswell
(2012-08-07, 19:28)butchabay Wrote: I think you should try refocus or one of the refocus mods aswell

Stabbing in the back, dude Big Grin
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2012-08-07, 21:51)mad-max Wrote:
(2012-08-07, 19:28)butchabay Wrote: I think you should try refocus or one of the refocus mods aswell

Stabbing in the back, dude Big Grin

Not at all Smile Else i would say try out cirrus extended light Smile
PM3.HD you can turn off the animations and the fanart background in skin settings
Or like some of the others have said the newer default confluence (with the static background) then go into skin settings and turn off all the background options (vis,video,fanart)
You can also try enabling dirty regions for a nice performance boost on the GUI.

Instructions:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Dirty_regions

As far as a skin suggestion, the JX720 skin from Jezz_X, runs incredibly smooth and snappy on my oldest PC, which is just a P4 1.7ghz and ATI X1550 GPU.. You can turn off the background animations and stuff.

xTV SAF works pretty well on lightweight hardware. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59576

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Light skin for ageing hardware.0