Win <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate> not working
I have this advancedsettings.xml (see below) in C:\Users\eHome\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata (eHome is the Windows profile I log in as to run XMBC). The log file in C:\Users\eHome\AppData\Roaming\XBMC shows it's being loaded (see below), but movies I have removed from my storage location (Windows Home Server 2011) and not being cleaned from the XBMC library. The log suggests the clean may be running (see below - is it CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase ?), but that only takes 1 second, so I don't think so. Certainly movies I have deleted from the WHS are still displayed in XBMC.

Thoughts? This is on Win7ULTx64 running current stable release: 11.0 “Eden”

TIA
(Please excuse the cross-post, but it's been more than a week over there with no reply)

======advancedsettings.xml==========
< advancedsettings>
<video>
<timeseekforward>20</timeseekforward>
<timeseekbackward>-8</timeseekbackward>
</video>
<videolibrary>
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
</videolibrary>
< splash>false</splash>
< /advancedsettings>

==========LOG FILE==========
13:50:28 T:868 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<timeseekforward>20</timeseekforward>
<timeseekbackward>-8</timeseekbackward>
</video>
<videolibrary>
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
</videolibrary>
<splash>false</splash>
</advancedsettings>

< ...>

13:50:34 T:1904 NOTICE: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Starting videodatabase cleanup ..
13:50:35 T:1904 NOTICE: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Cleaning videodatabase done. Operation took 00:01
What happens if you manually run "Clean library" from the Settings/Video/Library page? Do those deleted movie files get their library entries removed? What does the log show for run-time when you do a manual library cleaning?

You should also enable debug logging in XBMC to see what else may be happening under the covers when <cleanonupdate> takes place.
Thanks for the suggestions\reply. I will try tonight. I assume instructions for Debug Logging are in the WiKi?
System/Settings > System > Debugging > Enable debug logging.

You already know where the xbmc.log file is located, since you posted a snippet from yours in the first post.

See here if you need more information about debug log (wiki).
-- Enabled debug logging.
-- Cleaned DB manually via Settings/Video/Library page
-- xbmc.log had this, and the movies that should have been removed, were removed.:

"16:45:01 T:5000 NOTICE: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Cleaning videodatabase done. Operation took 00:46"

-- Exited XBMC
-- Deleted a movie from my WHS movies share.
-- Started XBMC to let it try auto-clean again. It worked! Interestingly, it seems from the log either VideoInfoScanner and\or CDirectory were the ones that caught it, not CVideoDatabase:

17:01:15 T:2400 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://WHS/Movies/XXXXX/
17:01:15 T:2400 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://WHS/Movies/XXXXX/' as it's empty or doesn't exist - adding to clean list

Regardless, it got cleaned. I tried a couple more times too, even after turning off debug logging and it is still cleaning. Perhaps the manual clean 'fixed' something? This seemed also to have fixed another issue with the library I was having where newly added TV episodes weren't showing. I could only access them via the files link, not the library.
(2012-08-28, 23:24)UberNewf Wrote: Regardless, it got cleaned. I tried a couple more times too, even after turning off debug logging and it is still cleaning.
Debugging, in and of itself, does not fix anything or change how XBMC behaves. It just provides more information about what XBMC is doing and is an aid for problem diagnosis. All those entries you see in xbmc.log that begin with "DEBUG" (after the timestamp) are only included in the log if debugging is enabled.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate> not working0