Linux Listen to audio via iPhone / Android (i.e. wireless headphones)
I have developed an android app that acts as a wifi headphone. If you are interested please check my website www.ateclabs.com and send me a message from there, I will notify you as soon as I put it in the Google Play store.
(2013-02-27, 08:31)Henry Wrote: I have developed an android app that acts as a wifi headphone. If you are interested please check my website www.ateclabs.com and send me a message from there, I will notify you as soon as I put it in the Google Play store.

Not much info on your website, didn't see anything related.

Since this thread has already been necro'd, I have some more thoughts about it. Would it be easier for xbmc to expose it's audio data to addons? Once that's available, it's pretty trivial to broadcast that via udp and sync things up via ntp in python.

Going further, the same could be possible with video, although I'm not sure if it can be done fast enough for say 1080p without a beast of a machine
I have updated my website http://www.ateclabs.com, with a little bit more information in the "Products" section. Anyone who is interested in more information can send us an email via "Contact us" button on the website.
The Android app is on the Google play store now. It is called "Wireless Headphone", please take a look at it and let us know what you think. The app has a red headphone with WiFi signal on it as its icon. Thanks for your feedback.
This is a feature I've been thinking about for some time. It would also be helpful for playing alternate audio tracks when others are in the room watching something. Not only for movies, but for TV as well for the 'SAP' track.

I'll be giving your app a look at Henry, but I think this is something that probably should be a part of the remote apps.
Thanks rd1979. Actually the main purpose of app is to watch TV, for example if you want to watch TV but others are sleeping this is perfect. Your idea is a good one and we consider it for next revisions. Please spread the word about our app, we appreciate it.
Thanks Henry, looks great. Getting some good reviews. I'm in the iOS world unfortunately so can't test it out. Also I use openELEC so I think I'd be out of luck with this one since it needs windows machine.

I've since read that this may be one of the options in the GSoC. Any update on this anyone?
Hi guys, I read this in the wiki. Does anyone have any information on whether this is being looked at?

"Improved remote clients for tablet/touch devices - Design and implement a remote client for touch-based devices (Android, iOS) that interact with the main APIs that XBMC provides for client apps (JSON-RPC and UPnP server). This may involve building on the existing Android or iOS remote control, and extending the JSON-RPC API and/or UPnP server for any additional requirements, including server transcoding, remote control playback, using the remote as a local audio stream for quiet watching/listening with headphones, or even copying transcoded files locally for future playback."
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Goo..._Code_2013
Hi,

Any progress ?
(2012-08-11, 18:04)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: I tried to get this working several times. You can get pretty close, but the problem you run into is the delay in the streaming puts the audio out of sync. It can work for music, but video is too much work.

It MIGHT be possible under linux to pipe your system audio through mpd and and set up an mpd client on your phone. That would give you a constant delay so you could set the audio delay by default not have to fool with it each time you start a video. The draw back would be the audio being delayed for everything outside xbmc as well. I haven't tried this myself, but it's as close to a working solution as I could come up with.

Bstrdsmkr, have you had any luck with setting this up? Or you gave up? I'm asking since I'm pretty much at same point you were - only on Windows & with Airfoil -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=190618
For everyone trying to find a simple "wireless headphone" app for smartphones: I am very satisfied with SoundWire. I am using the free version.

I am using it for streaming audio to an android device while watching the movie picture on the PC. It requires the installation of a server app on your PC and you need to connect the smartphone to the same Wi-Fi the PC is using. While the requirement of a server app might seem like a turn-off at first, it has the advantage of being able to grab audio from any of your computer's sound adapters.

I only tried a combination of a Win7 PC and an Android Gingerbread Smartphone, but from what I read the client app is available for IOS as well, also the server app is available for all major operating systems.

There is a latency of about 1 second, which is usual for any kinds of apps like these (from what I hear). If you are using VLC player on the serving PC, you can simply adjust your audio track synchronization by -1sec, and everything's fine again. (as of version 2.1.5, the menu item in VLC can be found here: Tools>Track Synchronization).

Hope that helps!
I also think that this is an important feature.

I have a Kodi / Raspberry (OpenELEC) player attached to my TV and often want to watch videos when the sounds would disturb the family (e.g. when the children are sleeping).

It would be very nice if Kodi could send the audio stream to the Kodi Android/iPhone remote app when this is requested by the user and thus I could listen to the audio via the headphones plugged into my Android phone.

Currently, I have to use a headset with a longer wire but this is not very comfortable. There are wireless headsets for this purpose but those are expensive.

---
BTW: thanks for the lot of work for every Kodi developer, I appreciate it a lot.
Life long lurker here..created an account, after about four failed attempts, to say that your post almost exactly explains my scenario and that I appreciate you posting it. For many years now I've imagined the idea of having an audio/video 'broadcast' of sorts for all on the local network to connect to. In a lot of ways, that's pretty much a thing these days. However , the scenario you describe , of which I very much wish existed, does not exist. I feel like it would be quite popular with couples, and those living in a shared living environment where noise levels are important.

(2015-08-11, 13:36)asoltesz Wrote: I also think that this is an important feature.

I have a Kodi / Raspberry (OpenELEC) player attached to my TV and often want to watch videos when the sounds would disturb the family (e.g. when the children are sleeping).

It would be very nice if Kodi could send the audio stream to the Kodi Android/iPhone remote app when this is requested by the user and thus I could listen to the audio via the headphones plugged into my Android phone.

Currently, I have to use a headset with a longer wire but this is not very comfortable. There are wireless headsets for this purpose but those are expensive.

---
BTW: thanks for the lot of work for every Kodi developer, I appreciate it a lot.
(2015-10-18, 12:52)Bwell1211 Wrote: I feel like it would be quite popular with couples, and those living in a shared living environment where noise levels are important.

I ended up getting "wireless headphones" aka private listening by buying the NVIDIA Shield Android TV and I'm really happy with it. It's really common for me to be watching a show or playing a game in private mode while my girlfriend is reading a book in the same room. If this could be achieved this via kodi + kodi remote app it would be awesome!
Would be cool if it could be possible to stream multiple audiotracks to the remote app.
Maybe one wants the standard audiostream and the other want the local translated audiostream while watching the same movie.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Listen to audio via iPhone / Android (i.e. wireless headphones)5