Solved Video plays for 5 seconds then freezes...
Exclamation 
Hello,

I just installed a new HTPC with a fresh Stable Eden XBMC, but I have a blocker issue.
When I start a video, it plays for 5 seconds, and freezes. The progress bar still goes on.
If I move the progress bar, the video will play again, for 5 seconds, and freeze...

My config is a Intel Core i3 2125 with HD Graphics 3000, a SSD Samsung Serie 830, a Windows 7 32 bits, and my video are on a NAS...
It don't think the problem comes from the NAS, as it works smoothly on my old Revo 3600.

Any help please ?

Thanks...
Also, when playing with VLC, I don't have any problem. So the network is not the problem here Smile
I tried with 10.1 version of XBMC, and I have no video at all... I have to pause then resume to have to video to start, and it feezes too at about 5 seconds...
I could get DEBUG log :
Quote:I open the video:
17:34:06 T:984 NOTICE
[mod note: deletion of log snippet] [PatK]

I have the same behavior with playing mode : Auto detect, DXVA, Pixel Shaders and Software. DXVA2 is disabled.

Please help ?
I tried to delete the profile and start with a fresh one, same behavior...
It looks like something wrong with the output audio device. Try to setup correctly in audio output settings.
Nothing was wired. No TV, no external speakers.
I don't know if this is due to connecting speakers, or uninstalling ALL XBMC data and program then reinstalling, but now it works...

Thanks.
Mine was stopping after 5 seconds, after fresh install of w7 on a Dell Optiplex
It was driving me mad trying to find fault.
I was using VGA and 3.5 jack for audio.
Audio was unplugged, plugged it in ..... and now it works!!!
This behavior seems quite a bug. Why freeze the playback when there is no speaker on, and without any explanation at all?
I'll search/create a Bug report on that...
(2012-08-17, 09:36)Krystanos Wrote: This behavior seems quite a bug. Why freeze the playback when there is no speaker on, and without any explanation at all?
I'll search/create a Bug report on that...
For Intel chip, you need to do as below to insure smooth playback-

1. Install the latest Intel driver from here- Check your system for the latest updates
2. Select Intel High Definition audio output in Windows 7 control panel/hardware and sound/sound/playback
3. Select Audio output device WASAPI: in XBMC settings/system/audio output
4. Disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
5. Enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks for these information. I heard of the DXVA2 problem but... I have no problem with playback, even with HD content, with DXVA2 option activated... Maybe the latest Intel drivers fix the issue?
(2012-08-19, 12:45)Krystanos Wrote: Thanks for these information. I heard of the DXVA2 problem but... I have no problem with playback, even with HD content, with DXVA2 option activated... Maybe the latest Intel drivers fix the issue?
To insure fluent playback, you can leave DXVA2 disabled. Your i3 is strong enough to playback blu-ray without it.....

Should this work if using HDMI out to an AV receiver?
(2012-08-20, 03:13)Toricred Wrote: Should this work if using HDMI out to an AV receiver?
Yes, you can do this- HTPC-->AVR-->HTPC via two HDMI cables and set AVR to pass-through video. If your AVR is supporting bitstreaming HD audio, you can check out the instruction in my signature to configure it.....

(2012-08-19, 16:53)bluray Wrote:
(2012-08-19, 12:45)Krystanos Wrote: Thanks for these information. I heard of the DXVA2 problem but... I have no problem with playback, even with HD content, with DXVA2 option activated... Maybe the latest Intel drivers fix the issue?
To insure fluent playback, you can leave DXVA2 disabled. Your i3 is strong enough to playback blu-ray without it.....
Yep, but like I said, the HD content is as fluid with DXVA2 as with software decoding...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video plays for 5 seconds then freezes...0