Switching Audio Language
When switching audio language with the remote (mapped <three mod="ctrl,shift">AudioNextLanguage</three>) only the audio type is displayed e.g. "3/2+1 - AC3 5.1".

Is it possible to alter the skin to show the actual language, I see that Aeon does this?
Confluence does this, too...
But it needs the language code integrated in the stream...
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
I checked the same movie (.mkv). Aeon shows "English, Swedish etc." but Confluence shows "3/2+1 - AC3 5.1". Also MPC-HC shows language, so I assume the information is in the stream...

I tried to find where this is handled in the skin, but I couldn't find anything related.

EDIT: Please ignore my comment that Aeon shows the language for the Audio Stream on .mkv's. (Aeon shows the lanuage on DVD's but so does Confluence...)

But MPC-HC shows the language so it would be a nice feature.
The reason is that XBMC's integrated player doesn't follow the Matroska guidelines.

If the Language isn't set on a track it should default to English, MPC-HC, MediaInfo, mkvinfo, mkvmerge all do that, so if you check with any of those they show you English.

So start mkvmerge GUI and then File - Header Editor (Ctrl-E), drag the file to it, select the english audio track, select Language, tick the Add Element and select English and save, now it should work in XBMC.

If you want to do it on all you files, now's the time to make a script with mkvmerge and mkvpropedit...

Edit:
Ohh, noticed one thing, in your example you have "3/2+1 - AC3 5.1" which make me believe you've used MakeMKV, and it seems like when you have a name on the track it uses that instead of the language, so you need to remove the name of the track in Header Editor.
Thanks for the explanation, and MakeMKV was used to create the file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switching Audio Language0