Maximum harddrive size?
Question 
Is there a hard drive size limitation with an Xbox with the factory BIOS?

I have not chipped my xbox, but softmodded and upgraded the hard drive. It is a 200GB drive, however when it was installed, my F drive was partitioned as 130 something GB, and the other 70GB are no where to be found.

any ideas??
thanks
Yes, the max size of a partition is 137GB if you dont have an LBA48 enabled BIOS. But you should be able to format the remaining 70GB as partition G.

See this for more info...
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...eplacement
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks for the info kraqh3d,

One thing though. I downloaded and ran XBpartitioner and it shows the 130GB partition (currently my F drive), as well as another ~70GB partition, persumably my G drive. However, XBMC reports the G drive as unavailable. I have run evoX and made sure that the use G Drive option is turned on, however I cannot find a way to access this partition.

any ideas?
Did you format the G: drive?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Ahhhh got it.

It was a little weird, but heres what i did:
===============================

After enabling and disabling "Use G Partition" in evoX, the drive reported a size in system settings of EvoX, however I could not access it in XBMC still.

With the EvoX dashboard running, I FTPd into my xbox, which did not report a G partition. Oddly enough, if i manually changed the path to the G partition, it gave me access. I then uploaded a file, and viola! it now appears in XBMC.

One last thing. After it showed in XMBC, it still did not report in my FTP client (FlashFXP), so I created a folder called 'G' in the / directory of the xbox. From now on, when I FTP, I can see the G drive, and it works as it should.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue.

Thanks again to kraqh3d.
Quote:One last thing. After it showed in XMBC, it still did not report in my FTP client (FlashFXP), so I created a folder called 'G' in the / directory of the xbox. From now on, when I FTP, I can see the G drive, and it works as it should.
Huh? That's a virtual root. You shouldnt be able to create a folder there.
That was my first thought, but im not lying Huh . I dont know why that mount point wouldnt have registered in my FTP session though. This was after a reboot of the xbox as well as disconnecting and reconnecting to the FTP. There must be a normal explanation, but for the hell of it I tried to create that directory, and it worked.

Im stumpted :confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

I just tried to make another folder, which was denied, fyi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maximum harddrive size?0