OS X sound in the meny but not when trying to play movies
hi i have installed xbmc 11 eden and i have a problem with the sound, i have the menu sounds but not any sound from the movies i wanna play. my audio output is hdmi and default audio output with DD and DTS and boost on and im using back row,

this have worked b4 but after i did a full reinstall of the mac its not working tried this twice.

when i put my audio at analog i get sound but only 2.0 and if i change the audio output to hdmi hdmi i get sound from the internal speaker witch is rly bad. and i also get an error message failed to initialize audio drive, and then i can only chose build in audio from the meny and have to reset it to try again.

ive also made it work on some movie files by changing the skin to the default but when i try another movie all i get is noise.

my audio is fine other than xbmc i can play movies in quick time or vlc spotify ect all working fine.

and i have googled and searched in this forum but none of the answers i find are working
"boost on and im using back row" I do not understand this. backrow is what drives Frontrow, Apples 'media' thing. XBMC on OSX does not talk to backrow.

Make sure that you change both audio settings to hdmi, not just the one at the top of the list.

Do this under Confluence, the default skin.
He means Add-on:Back Row (wiki)
* davilla kicks his crystal ball across the room.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sound in the meny but not when trying to play movies0