Want separate section for 3D films
SO I am wondering how I can split my 3D movies into a different menu than the rest of my films. I have added a custom "3D Movies" to my home menu, but cannot figure out how to add the 3D movies to it. Any help would be great.
(2012-08-17, 22:02)seedubxj Wrote: SO I am wondering how I can split my 3D movies into a different menu than the rest of my films. I have added a custom "3D Movies" to my home menu, but cannot figure out how to add the 3D movies to it. Any help would be great.

It's pretty simple. You have to create a playlist.

The first thing I did was to create a folder in which I put all my 3D movies. I then added a new Video Source and pointed to that path, and scanned it to the library.

Next we need to create a script. Select VIDEOS from the main menu, then "NEW SMART PLAYLIST". Select the Type MOVIES, give it a name (eg. 3D Movies), then define the rules. There are many ways to use rules to implement this, but in this case, I used the "PATH IS", and pointed to the 3D Movies folder where all my 3D movies are.

Save the playlist. GO back to SETTINGS, select SKIN, Custom Home, then Custom Playlist 1, give it a label (3D Movies), select the playlist (the new 3D Movies.xsp which was just created), and that's it.

You can take this a step further, and create a new "2D Movie" playlist, where the rule is the PATH IS NOT the 3D movie folder. This way, none of the 3D movies show up in the 2D movie list. Because the library is a common repository of movies, everything that has "MOVIES" content will show up there, so using custom playlists lets you control what goes where. I did the same with CONCERTS, MOVIES HD, MOVIES SD, etc.

Good luck
Do all of the video file folders have to be in a specific location? I have pointed to several folders that are not in my "Videos" folder using this technique and they either come up blank when I enter the playlist or nothing happens at all when I click the playlist. Does it matter if you assign them "movies, tv shows, mixed"? I have videos that don't fall into any of these categories.

Any help would be appreciated since I've tried this 30 times and can't seem to get the Automatic playlists to work on anything except my movie genres

Thanks very much!
(2012-09-12, 08:12)Dudeman Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 22:02)seedubxj Wrote: SO I am wondering how I can split my 3D movies into a different menu than the rest of my films. I have added a custom "3D Movies" to my home menu, but cannot figure out how to add the 3D movies to it. Any help would be great.

You can take this a step further, and create a new "2D Movie" playlist, where the rule is the PATH IS NOT the 3D movie folder. This way, none of the 3D movies show up in the 2D movie list. Because the library is a common repository of movies, everything that has "MOVIES" content will show up there, so using custom playlists lets you control what goes where. I did the same with CONCERTS, MOVIES HD, MOVIES SD, etc.

Good luck

This is my exact problem, I've created a playlist using the "path is 3dmovies" and my 3d movies only show in the 3d folder, and I've set up a smart playlist to my movie folder and used the "path is Not 3dmovie folder" but my 3d movies still show up in my movie folder. The smart playlist isn't ignoring my 3d folder.

Where am I going wrong?

(2013-01-11, 13:50)DanMan Wrote:
(2012-09-12, 08:12)Dudeman Wrote:

Good luck

This is my exact problem, I've created a playlist using the "path is 3dmovies" and my 3d movies only show in the 3d folder, and I've set up a smart playlist to my movie folder and used the "path is Not 3dmovie folder" but my 3d movies still show up in my movie folder. The smart playlist isn't ignoring my 3d folder.

Where am I going wrong?

For the the smart playlist settings, have you set 'Items must match' to "all of the rules"?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want separate section for 3D films0