New XBMC\NAS Hardware specs... Opinions?
Hi Guys,

I am thinking of replacing my current XBMC htpc and merging my NAS into it. Here are the specs i was thinking of:

Intel BLKDH67CF/B3, Intel H67, S 1155, DDR3, SATA III - 6Gb/s, RAID SATA, PCIe 2.0 (x16), VGA On Board, Mini ITX
Intel Celeron Dual Core G530 Sandybridge Core, Socket 1155, 2.4GHz, 2MB Cache, 65W, Retail
4GB (2x2GB) Corsair DDR3 XMS3 Classic, PC3-10666 (1333), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 9-9-9-24, 1.50V
Coolermaster Elite 120 Advanced Mini-ITX Case with Full Size VGA Support, upto 3x3.5" or 4x2.5" HDD USB 3.0 w/o PSU

I already have 2 x 2TB WD20EARS drive for a mirror raid nas storage (using sata raid onboard).
I was thinking of using a 32GB USB3 pendrive for the OS.
I already have a 500w atx psu for it.

My aim is to merge my htpc and my Nas and to use a custom install of Fedora17 (minimal install with additional packages). The OS would basically do what my current one is doing now which boots in init 3 and then runs XBMC on boot (No X desktop).

It would also have to samba share out the storage of the mirrored 2TB. I would also like to run on it some additional web services.

My main concerns are these specs running 1080p on the sandy bridge gpu/cpu and it would also have to output 5.1 over optical. The specs and reviews of the hardware (seem) to confirm this is OK but would like your opinions. This would be in my living room and permanently on (due to Nas) so noise level would also be a concern.

Thanks in advance Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New XBMC\NAS Hardware specs... Opinions?0