[WINDOWS] PB with MCE Remote and MCE Keyboard
Hello,

I have XBMC running on Win7, a remote, compatible MCE (it is named RC6 in registry) and a logitech Harmony 900.
I configured my harmony following this : [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a Logitech Harmony Remote with XBMC
In XBMC I enabled the option to emulate keyboard by the remote.

The basic keys are working well (direction, OK, ...) but "Contextual Menu", "Info", "OSD" are not working.
I appears that under harmony config, "MCE keyboard" do nothing.
Of course, from a real keyboard, it works.

After reading many threads, I am a bit puzzled as it seems to work for others.

So I decided to modify my keyboard.xml from :
Code:
<o mod="ctrl">Notification(MCEKeypress, Recorded TV, 3)</o>
<t mod="ctrl">Notification(MCEKeypress, Live TV, 3)</t>
To :
Code:
<o mod="ctrl">ContextMenu</o>
<t mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(PlayerControls)</t>

I modified my harmony config accordingly, try a test and ... nothing happens.

For people using an harmony :
1- do you know why MCE Keyboard is not working ? What am I missing ?
2- why advanced keys of MCE Remote are not working either ?

JP
My almost silent XBMC PC : [CASE] Smart Teck Cube (PSU removed) [PSU] HFX EF15 fanless 150 watt [FAN] Noctua with fanmate at lowest speed
[MOBO] ASRock A75M-ITX [CPU] AMD A6-3500 [CPU Fan] Scythe Shuriken rev B [RAM] 4 GB [GPU] AMD Radeon HD 6530D onboard
[HDD]
2 TB [KEYBOARD] Logitech K400 [Remote] Logitech Harmony 900
[OS]
Windows 7 [SKIN] AEON MQ3
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows
I spent almost one hour searching for the original remote and found it ! It is a Trust RC-2400 .

I used the showkey.exe from [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way and it appears that some keys are not seen by the program when pressed. That may explain my problems.

Now, have to find these keys are not working, caused by the IR receiver : driver pb ?

As the remote looks like a "AIM RC6 Media Center Remote Control " as seen in Remote control reviews , I used the .reg file linked in the article. Reboot. Do a test and ... It works ! Big Grin

JP
My almost silent XBMC PC : [CASE] Smart Teck Cube (PSU removed) [PSU] HFX EF15 fanless 150 watt [FAN] Noctua with fanmate at lowest speed
[MOBO] ASRock A75M-ITX [CPU] AMD A6-3500 [CPU Fan] Scythe Shuriken rev B [RAM] 4 GB [GPU] AMD Radeon HD 6530D onboard
[HDD]
2 TB [KEYBOARD] Logitech K400 [Remote] Logitech Harmony 900
[OS]
Windows 7 [SKIN] AEON MQ3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] PB with MCE Remote and MCE Keyboard0