Movies Folder
Hi, new user and trying to set up my movie and tv folders. I added a source for 'Movies' (all meta data created by MyMovies) I set the type as movies but found the following problem - there are around 450 mkv files and less than 10 dvd rips (with VIDEO_TS folder) when I look in Videos > Movies I see all movies, but when i look in the 'Movies' menu option it's only the dvd rips. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way around this? Thanks.

Check this bit about using the MyMovies.xml to import your library data. Sounds like you have to import your library first using the mymovies.xml. Also make sure that your movie files are named appropriately.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Sorry, not quite sure how the import thing works. All files are names correctly (previously used with a popcorn hour) but i read through the import / export instructions and am not sure what i am meant to be importing. I can do a scan of movies folder but it ignores mkv files and only picks up dvds, when i select 'import' i thought i should be navigating to my movies folder to maybe import the nfo files but i can't.
I've never used MyMovies, but what it kind of sounds like is that MyMovies writes all the metadata to a "mymovies.xml" file, somewhere. So, in XBMC under System --> Video, there is an "import library" option. Navigate to that Mymovies.xml in the file selection dialog that pops up after you select "import library".
Again, I've not used MyMovies....
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
That won't work. XBMC does not and will not read mymovies.xml.

Just scan your files in normally - Set Content to TV Shows on the folder that contains all your tvshows (each in separate folders, ofcourse) and tell it to scan them in.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Pretty sure MyMovies had the option to save data as XBMC.nfo files. Could be mistaken it was a long time ago that I used MyMovies.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

It works fine for TV Shows, the problem is with Movies. When I changed the content type to 'Movies' and scanned it only picked up a handful of movies and they were all DVDs or Blurays, all MKVs were ignored.

I have now found that if I go into 'Videos' and select to see the movies info it then adds it to the movies list, but since I hoped there would be a quicker way to get them in rather than doing this almost 500 times.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies Folder0