Win TV Library duplicated episodes with NFO and TBN files
I've been using XBMC v10 for quite some time with a basic setup and without issues. Recently I had an issue with XBMC crashing during the automated library scan during launch. It re scanned my TV library and duplicated the episodes in the library. It imported all of the NFO and TBN files for existing shows and added those as episodes. I would like to find an easy way automatically remove these duplicates from the library that are invalid versus manually removing each one. I also want to ensure this does not happen in the future. I'm using Sickbeard and can set the post processing to not output these files but it has never been a problem in the past.

Thanks for any guidance you may have.
Go to

Settings/Videos/Library (wiki)/Clean Library

As for how to prevent it in the future, see here.
I already tried the clean library but they are still listed.
That's because the files still exist. There's 2 paths in your database pointing to the same files. The only fix is to kill that path off in your database (you may be able to add a source setup to match the "bad" path, set content on it, then remove it again to pull this off, else you'll have to edit the database manually).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The entries are all pointing to unique paths. The problem is that they are not video files. Should XBMC by default import .NFO and .TBN files as episodes? This has never been a problem in the past. For example I have three entries for the below episode. One entry for each of the below files:
Community - 3x05 - Horror Fiction in Seven Steps.mkv
Community - 3x05 - Horror Fiction in Seven Steps.nfo
Community - 3x05 - Horror Fiction in Seven Steps.tbn

Shouldn't it only import the mkv file and skip over the others?
I believe the issue here is the re-import was done with existing library items. The easiest way to fix this would be to go into your userdata (wiki) folder and go into userdata/databases/ and delete any MyVideos##.db files. Then start XBMC back up, which will now have an empty library, and then import the library using NFO files.\

When XBMC does an import it treats it as if these are additions to the library, rather than updates to existing items.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Library duplicated episodes with NFO and TBN files0