Library scanning does not remove deleted movies?
I have all my local movies stored in a single "Movies" folder hosted on my Synology NAS.

I was able to get all the movies properly scanned with XBMC displaying all the info and artwork.

The problem is when I browse the list directly on my NAS and delete some movies I don't want anyone, re-scanning within XBMC does not remove the deleted files from its library.

I was previously using a BoxeeBox to handle my local collection but since it died on me I've switched to XBMC off my laptop. BoxeeBox removed movies files from its library when scanning.

Is this not a feature of XBMC? After deleting from the NAS do I always need to manually remove the movies from XBMC's library as well ?
(2012-08-19, 22:03)FastM Wrote: I have all my local movies stored in a single "Movies" folder hosted on my Synology NAS.

I was able to get all the movies properly scanned with XBMC displaying all the info and artwork.

The problem is when I browse the list directly on my NAS and delete some movies I don't want anyone, re-scanning within XBMC does not remove the deleted files from its library.

I was previously using a BoxeeBox to handle my local collection but since it died on me I've switched to XBMC off my laptop. BoxeeBox removed movies files from its library when scanning.

Is this not a feature of XBMC? After deleting from the NAS do I always need to manually remove the movies from XBMC's library as well ?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ing_videos
"Cleaning up the Video Library (removing invalid and missing videos) can be done in Videos Settings with the 'Clean Library' option."

Okay thanks, I obviously missed that part.. Works perfectly.

Why bother separating that function from the scanning part? Makes scanning faster I guess?
thank you Smile
(2012-08-19, 22:31)FastM Wrote: Why bother separating that function from the scanning part? Makes scanning faster I guess?

If your movies are in a network location or removable media, the clean function will remove the movies if the network or removable media is not connected.
PLEX is smart about this and doesn't delete videos when the network mount is disconnected. This seems easy to determine..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library scanning does not remove deleted movies?0