Logitech Keyboard Controller (for Google TV) works beautifully with Linux, XBMC
Hello all,

Does anyone know if there is a working sleep button on the Logitech Keyboard controller that works on Windows 7? Like-wise, will it work for WoL (Wake on Lan) Sounds like most of the keys work for this setup, my only short comings are no backlit keyboard and the sleep, WoL functionality. Im coming from a Dinovo mini and am looking to make this my dedicated HTPC keyboard.

Any thoughts would be great.
I discoverd that the PS3 Bluetooth stuff is best even for HTPC based on Windows or Linux .. I have one simple nano bluetooth adapter which connects:

Sony PS3 Bluetooth remote control (20 bucks)
Logitech Cordless Mediaboard Pro for PS3 (50 bucks)
PS3 Wireless Bluetooth Controller (30 Bucks)

Bluetooth advantage: FREEDOM .. Even if it's useless - I can switch channels from 3 rooms away Rofl

So long

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
I ordered this keyboard about 6 months ago for $30 when Newegg was having a sale. This was the best purchase I have made for my HTPC. It works great and I am able to control everything from it. To get those buttons on the top working (on Windows) I ended up using EventGhost. They have a plugin for keyboard commands and actions for XBMC. So, for example, on mine I have the TV button on the left mapped to launch XBMC. The TV button on the right blasts my TV IR command to turn my TV on and off (using EventGhosts Win7 MCE Remote plugin which has IR blaster functionality).

(2011-05-05, 00:25)Bonne Wrote:
Affejunge Wrote:I have been extremely happy using this bad boy:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/...vices/3848

Amazon Link

I am using Linux as well. It works perfectly and folds up nicely. Plus it is fully functional with both right and left clicks. The multimedia buttons integrate perfectly with XBMC.

I had a bluetooth dinovo keyboard and mouse for years and they never played nice with linux. Since then I've avoided bluetooth like the plague. The unifying dongles from logitech , are tiny, work instantly and also work in the bios and console.

There's a version of the fold up mini keyboard like yours that uses a unifying rf dongle instead of bluetooth that I looked at. It's also sold as a google tv accessory but I bet it will work just fine.

Again, Newegg has a sale on a Google TV keyboard. This is the keyboard you are referring to correct? I just ordered one and with the $15 promotion it only cost me $55. It's refurbished but for that price you're basically getting the $150 diNovo for $55. Since I've never had any bad luck with refurbished stuff I'm willing to take that risk. (I just notice Meritline has it $10 cheaper.)

So my problem now is that I am redoing one of my HTPC machines which this new keyboard will go on. Is there any way to find out what the key code is for a button on the keyboard? I would like to be able to map those unused buttons. I would also like to remap the number keys so that if I am holding FN or CTRL and press a number it will act as F1 or whatever number I am pressing.

Anybody know how to get the code for the different buttons on the keyboard? Could I somehow modify ButtonMapper.cpp so it will echo the key code when I press a button?

Edit: A quick Google search led me to this page article which explains how to get key codes, remap keys, and remap keys with temporary modifiers (ctrl, alt, shift, etc) and hard modifiers (capslock, numlock, scrolllock, etc). I won't have my new keyboard for a few more days and I probably won't get around to building that Linux XMBC machine for a week or two. Can somebody that already has one of these keyboards see if they can map the unused buttons?
So I installed Ubuntu on a spare nettop that I had to try to build XBMC from source. I used xev to capture the key presses of the custom keys, but they are not recognized. This is where the problem is.

We need drivers made for the Revue keyboard. I found pyusb which will detect the key presses and supposedly help create drivers, but I'm not a programmer and don't even know where to start with creating a driver.

Does anybody out there know somebody that could play around with this and see if some drivers could be made? It sounds simple when I say it but I'm sure its much harder to actually do. Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Keyboard Controller (for Google TV) works beautifully with Linux, XBMC0