• 5(current)
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
Don't know if this was removed or not but in the past while I was watching a show, it would state on trakt.tv that I was currently viewing said program. Now it will not say that I am viewing a show, but it will indicate that I watched the episode once I am done viewing it.

Edit: Just noticed on my signature that it does show that I am viewing a program. Is there a setting I have to enable on the trakt website to show it on my page as well?

Edit2: Disregard this entire post. I just found it on the site and now feel like a dummy. :'(
I'm Using trakt.tv scrobbler 1.0.1 and I have a problem:

shows are scrobbled only when they finish (it doesn't matter if it is checked to scrobble at 60% or 80%). If I switch to the next episode several minutes to the ending of current episode or I shutdown the xbmc without stopping the episode it won't be scrobbled :/

is it a bug or is this the way it should be? Maybe you can fix this in next release?

It submits the status when you stop the episode or it finishes on its own. It works that way since it uses the notification system to know what to do. So it sounds like normal behavior, but I'd need to see a log file to say for sure.
Trakt.tv - Track what you're watching. Discover new shows & movies.
forum thread - @trakt on twitter - support
You won't see there nothing special, scrobbler just submits my episode when current is finished, no errors nothing. So if it works this way why we need option to scrobble at certain %? Also may be it's possible to use that notification system and scrobble on episode switch also? The scrobbler updates what I currently watch to trakt.tv several times during my episode, so maybe it is possible to make that it would submit my episode as watched during that update, for example, if I watched 80% of episode?
AFAIK it would require getting the runtime of the video and starting a timer. when that timer reaches the % defined send the scrobble. Then you would also need to pause the timer whenever the video gets paused, get the new position when skipped/fast forward/rewind and stop the timer when the player stops. If the video is resumed from a certain position the addon would need to get the position of the video and start the timer from there. If past the defined percentage, don't scrobble.

Either that or poll/ask XBMC what position the player is at every 5, 10, 30, whatever seconds.

I'm just thinking out aloud, but it can get pretty complicated trying to know exactly where the player is at and what it is doing.

From my POV (if anyone cares Tongue), there is no need to over complicate things.
Yeah ok that is complicated but maybe you can make an option to check the position of the player every defined time, for example, every 5 minutes. Why we need such a high precision (every 10s or even 5s).

Also what about the episode switch (this one would be enough for me Smile )
Assuming there is an event triggered on episode switch, I can probably handle it yes. WIll look into it.
(2012-10-09, 20:50)rectifyer Wrote: Assuming there is an event triggered on episode switch, I can probably handle it yes. WIll look into it.

Maybe this one? http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...ueNextItem
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I can't get scrobbling to work, it for some reason stopped working a few weeks ago.

7:18:22 T:2997873520 NOTICE: [trakt] loading script.trakt version 1.0.1
17:18:23 T:2997873520 NOTICE: [trakt] json url: /account/test/b6135e0f7510a44021fac8c03c36c81a17be35d9
17:18:23 T:2964302704 ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.trakt/notification_service.py", line 66, in run
telnet = telnetlib.Telnet(self.TELNET_ADDRESS, self.TELNET_PORT)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/telnetlib.py", line 209, in __init__
self.open(host, port, timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/telnetlib.py", line 225, in open
self.sock = socket.create_connection((host, port), timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 514, in create_connection
raise error, msg
error: [Errno 111] Connection refused
17:18:28 T:2955910000 NOTICE: [trakt] Scrobbler stopping

I can confirm 9090 isn't being used by something else and xbmc is listening fine (netstat -ln | grep 9090), and "Allow programs on this system to control XBMC" is also checked. I have tried telnetting to port 9090 and I can connect successfully.
Hi all

(I'm not a programmer so please be openminded and help me in the right direction)

I have been using XBMC 11 with trakt 1.0.1.

It seems like the scrobbling process is causing buffering delays during playback from local hard drive, at first I thought it was a hard drive switching off but it is not, I briefly checked the log file and saw stuff about trakt every few minutes, so I disabled trakt and tried it again and all the interruptions were gone.

Now it might also be that my connection is flooded (staying in a camino with several other data hungry students), but trakt is not supposed to interfere with the playback.

Even when fast forwarding through the episode's intro it was extremely laggy untill I disabled trakt.

Am I doing something wrong?
It's been quite a wait but the epidodeid is now available with the latest TVDB scraper update. If you could add that in to save the pain of DVD/absolute order problems? Ta.

Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":2,"method":"VideoLibrary.GetRecentlyAddedEpisodes","params":{ "properties":["uniqueid"]}}
Code:
"episodes": [
            {
                "episodeid": 8997,
                "label": "3x06. Real Estate",
                "uniqueid": {
                    "unknown": "4361565"
                }
            },

It's unknown because at a later date it will support multiple ones; "tvdb", "imdb" etc.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
Trakt plugin isn't working. Nor is Trakt Utilities, or Traktr. Stopped working a few months ago...

07:55:38 T:3028282224 ERROR: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.trakt/utilities.py:19: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead import sha # Python 2.5 and earlier
07:55:38 T:3019889520 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
07:55:38 T:3028282224 NOTICE: [trakt] loading script.trakt version 1.0.1
07:55:38 T:3028282224 NOTICE: [trakt] json url: /account/test/b6135e0f7510a44021fac8c03c36c81a17be35d9
07:55:38 T:2994711408 ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.trakt/notification_service.py", line 66, in run
telnet = telnetlib.Telnet(self.TELNET_ADDRESS, self.TELNET_PORT)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/telnetlib.py", line 209, in __init__
self.open(host, port, timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/telnetlib.py", line 225, in open
self.sock = socket.create_connection((host, port), timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/socket.py", line 514, in create_connection
raise error, msg
error: [Errno 111] Connection refused
07:55:43 T:2986318704 NOTICE: [trakt] Scrobbler stopping

I can confirm 9090 isn't being used by something else and xbmc is listening fine (netstat -ln | grep 9090), and "Allow programs on this system to control XBMC" is also checked. I have tried telnetting to port 9090 and I can connect successfully.

Can anyone help troubleshoot this?
Rectifyer, are there future plans for this official addon? Like forexample traktr has? Like advanced rating, sync libraries etc etc?
Thx
No plans right now, mostly just because there isn't extra time to work on features like that. I would like to add more features for sure though, mostly likely for the Frodo release since it has more API calls that are needed. If I had to guess, collection sync would be the next logical update.
Ok nice to know. Thx for answering
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler13