[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
(2013-08-09, 02:07)nate1280 Wrote:
(2013-08-08, 21:58)perern Wrote: Trakt is almost crashing XBMC with something. With this log I entered movies, updated library and saw the syncing movies notifications and nothing more. It freezes but after a while it starts working again.
After that I entered TV Shows and it got very slow and hanging almost every 10 seconds just by browsing back and forth.
Using the 2.3.0 plugin, would try the 2.4.0 if I could find a way to get it.
http://tny.cz/dfffb31a

(Too big for Pastebin)

Looking through your log, it took around 40 seconds to retrieve your movie collection and seen list. After this, it took another ~16 seconds to add 34 new movies to your collection, altho, these were skipped, it seems you have some malformed meta-data (missing IMDB ids). After those, it also updated play counts for 121 movies in your XBMC library based on trakt.tv seen status. Now, this last part is what takes a while due to needing to make 1 JSON RPC call per movie (even tho it batches 50 at a time) the plugin has zero control over this, so if it has to update a lot of play counts in XBMC, unfortunately, its going to take it some time. Based on the frequency of the update calls, it was taking between 12 to 40 (or more) for each update call and it only got through 13 of the 121 updates it needed to do before being aborted.

So, while it may have looked like it was crashing, it wasn't. Also, the slow down would have been because of the constant DB updates it was trying to do.

As for trying the 2.4.0 version, you can download a zip of it directly from github.

So each time it "froze" it just updated DB? Going to let it run for a while now and see what happens.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler - by perern - 2013-08-09, 12:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler13