• 146(current)
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler
Hello

First of all - thanks for the good work.
I was thinking (and can't find the answer in the forum) - when will the new version be available in Kodi official repository? I know I can install it manually but I prefer the repository to have the automatic updates etc.
(2015-02-24, 11:30)Bjarndal Wrote: Hello

First of all - thanks for the good work.
I was thinking (and can't find the answer in the forum) - when will the new version be available in Kodi official repository? I know I can install it manually but I prefer the repository to have the automatic updates etc.

We need to wait for some more translations, might take two translation cycles. Should be by the weekend.

Btw, there's a beta repo, check in the github issues if thats something your interrested int
did anyone notice some text overlapping in the settings of the addon ? (dutch translation)
(2015-02-24, 11:05)Razze Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 04:36)smakovits Wrote: so, um, what happens if xbmc has the right show data, but when scrobbled trakt.tv has the wrong show?

this should be pretty much impossible if your using the tvdb scrapper, if you are feel free to head over to github and open an issue on the problem would be nice if you could provide the name of the show and episode too

Well, the show is Prime Suspect. There is a 2011 (US) version and XBMC had the 1991 version originally, so removed it from the library, added the nfo file with the correct tvdb version and updated. So XBMC itself has the right information now, but trakt does not. Therefore, I am assuming the issue is that from my original scrobbling, with the wrong version, it was added to trakt. However, now when I scrobble the data again, it does not update/change what is on trakt. I am assuming trakt says, oh, prime suspect, I have that...and then completely ignores the tvdb ID. I have no idea and this is a total guess, but it would make some sense given the circumstance.

I want to try just deleting the show from trakt, but on their website I did not see where I could do this. So I think as an initial step, I want to do that and then see if xbmc puts it back to trakt as the right version.
(2015-02-24, 18:43)smakovits Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 11:05)Razze Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 04:36)smakovits Wrote: so, um, what happens if xbmc has the right show data, but when scrobbled trakt.tv has the wrong show?

this should be pretty much impossible if your using the tvdb scrapper, if you are feel free to head over to github and open an issue on the problem would be nice if you could provide the name of the show and episode too

Well, the show is Prime Suspect. There is a 2011 (US) version and XBMC had the 1991 version originally, so removed it from the library, added the nfo file with the correct tvdb version and updated. So XBMC itself has the right information now, but trakt does not. Therefore, I am assuming the issue is that from my original scrobbling, with the wrong version, it was added to trakt. However, now when I scrobble the data again, it does not update/change what is on trakt. I am assuming trakt says, oh, prime suspect, I have that...and then completely ignores the tvdb ID. I have no idea and this is a total guess, but it would make some sense given the circumstance.

I want to try just deleting the show from trakt, but on their website I did not see where I could do this. So I think as an initial step, I want to do that and then see if xbmc puts it back to trakt as the right version.

You might be right about that matching.

To remove the items from collection just click the collect button again.
if you don't have all it will add all in that moment, so just hit it again.
(2015-02-24, 19:42)Razze Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 18:43)smakovits Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 11:05)Razze Wrote: this should be pretty much impossible if your using the tvdb scrapper, if you are feel free to head over to github and open an issue on the problem would be nice if you could provide the name of the show and episode too

Except it is the wrong show on trakt, so collecting there doesn't help. Going to try enabling the option to clean/delete from trakt when a show is deleted. If still fails, I will move files out completely, remove again from xbmc and then see again if it just deletes from trakt, if yes, I will add it back and see what happens.

Stay tuned for the results. Was searching and found that delete is not available on website, so I hope that app/api has better luck.

Otherwise things are working. Was watching shows last night and they were appearing on website with time, etc so that's awesome.

Ps. Where can we send cups of coffee?
(2015-02-24, 21:16)smakovits Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 19:42)Razze Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 18:43)smakovits Wrote: Well, the show is Prime Suspect. There is a 2011 (US) version and XBMC had the 1991 version originally, so removed it from the library, added the nfo file with the correct tvdb version and updated. So XBMC itself has the right information now, but trakt does not. Therefore, I am assuming the issue is that from my original scrobbling, with the wrong version, it was added to trakt. However, now when I scrobble the data again, it does not update/change what is on trakt. I am assuming trakt says, oh, prime suspect, I have that...and then completely ignores the tvdb ID. I have no idea and this is a total guess, but it would make some sense given the circumstance.

Except it is the wrong show on trakt, so collecting there doesn't help. Going to try enabling the option to clean/delete from trakt when a show is deleted. If still fails, I will move files out completely, remove again from xbmc and then see again if it just deletes from trakt, if yes, I will add it back and see what happens.

Stay tuned for the results. Was searching and found that delete is not available on website, so I hope that app/api has better luck.

Otherwise things are working. Was watching shows last night and they were appearing on website with time, etc so that's awesome.

Delete is available on the website, just click the button where it says collected.
(2015-02-24, 11:50)Skank Wrote: did anyone notice some text overlapping in the settings of the addon ? (dutch translation)
same with german
(2015-02-24, 18:43)smakovits Wrote: Where can we send cups of coffee?

in the past @Razze has suggested securing a VIP subscription on the trakt.tv website if you want to contribute/donate to the effort, it is a very reasonable fee and will give you benefits including access to the trakt vip forum and the ability to influence where trakt goes in the future, it will also benefit trakt.tv, iirc they still operate with only one fulltime developer and i have to believe the recent upgrade was quite costly (for hardware if nothing else.

p.s. - obviously we need to take care of kodi foundation as well so i am NOT suggesting you contribute to trakt before kodi but you asked so...
(2015-02-24, 21:43)Razze Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 21:16)smakovits Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 19:42)Razze Wrote: You might be right about that matching.

Delete is available on the website, just click the button where it says collected.
OK, got it, it's a per episode removal. Show is now gone, I'll see how it does next update.
I'm still at 13.2 Gotham and tried the dev version last night, did'nt have any kind of problems at all. Thanks alot for all the work. Now Trakt is working on both my platforms, so I'm happy.
(2015-02-24, 23:21)smakovits Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 21:43)Razze Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 21:16)smakovits Wrote: Except it is the wrong show on trakt, so collecting there doesn't help. Going to try enabling the option to clean/delete from trakt when a show is deleted. If still fails, I will move files out completely, remove again from xbmc and then see again if it just deletes from trakt, if yes, I will add it back and see what happens.

OK, got it, it's a per episode removal. Show is now gone, I'll see how it does next update.
OK, with show removed, trakt updated thing last night and once again it is the wrong version of the show.

Inside kodi, thar site is correct.
(2015-02-25, 14:09)smakovits Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 23:21)smakovits Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 21:43)Razze Wrote: Delete is available on the website, just click the button where it says collected.
OK, with show removed, trakt updated thing last night and once again it is the wrong version of the show.

Inside kodi, thar site is correct.

remove any info files from this tv show folder.

Go to Kodi-tv shows and then refresh the information of your tv show. Let it skip the local files and get information from the internet.

I had almost the same problem once. It's not trakt related.
TLDR: Please everybody have a look at the translations again, they've reset to the point of the last sync so italian and danish updates were lost. (probably even more)

(2015-02-23, 14:39)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 14:35)Razze Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 14:26)Martijn Wrote: can i point you out that we have fixed string ID ranges for addons?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Language_support#String_ID_range

thx, actually seen them already, but didn't check them vs the ones I took over from the old addon.
I would like to change them then, but that might reset every translation or am I wrong?
true, however translation memory is used and quite likely it will be updated again quite fast

So we got new tranlations and the memory system worked, but it did reset to the data from a week ago, not to the newest :/
Danish and Italian translations seems to be 100% on Transifex now.
  • 146(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] trakt.tv tv/movie scrobbler13