Win Customize Windows 7 for 'Complete HTPC feel'
(2012-09-18, 14:27)zackpliskin Wrote: I also resized the XBMC Eden logo splash that shows when XBMC loads to 1920x1080 and made sure the logo was exactly the same size as it is there so the logon screen backdrop and the XBMC splash appear identical
Could you explain this a bit more?

Are you saying you've also modified the logon screen to add a XBMC logo to the background? and also modified the Splash.png in the Media directory of XBMC? so the logo always appears in the same position and same size no matter which stage of the boot process you are at? If so I've tried something similar but not been able to get everything to match up exactly yet, so any chance you could share those files as well?

(2012-09-20, 01:01)redglory Wrote: Can you extend a bit your explanation regarding your "circuit-breaker ring"?

Sure, it's just a circuit breaker that goes between the outlet and any plug, in this case a six-way extension that has devices which draw power in standby so can be completely switched off by tripping it manually (TV, PS2, Sony Home Cinema Amp, LG DVD player, smaller TV, IR repeater). This can be done directly with the button on the circuit breaker, or better yet with any regular frequency IR code you program into it (I'm using EFC 00000 from the Apple TV setting on my universal remote). With the IR code I can effectively switch on/off those six things - when switching off there's about a five second delay between sending the code and power being cut, whereas switching on is instantaneous. Cheap and effective.

(2012-09-20, 11:33)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2012-09-18, 14:27)zackpliskin Wrote: I also resized the XBMC Eden logo splash that shows when XBMC loads to 1920x1080 and made sure the logo was exactly the same size as it is there so the logon screen backdrop and the XBMC splash appear identical

Are you saying you've also modified the logon screen to add a XBMC logo to the background?

Yes.

(2012-09-20, 11:33)jjd-uk Wrote: and also modified the Splash.png in the Media directory of XBMC?

No.

(2012-09-20, 11:33)jjd-uk Wrote: so the logo always appears in the same position and same size no matter which stage of the boot process you are at?

Yes. Although when Windows 7 loads the image disappears a few times during different part of the boot process (initial load, auto login, XBMC loading). As far as I know this is unavoidable.

(2012-09-20, 11:33)jjd-uk Wrote: If so I've tried something similar but not been able to get everything to match up exactly yet, so any chance you could share those files as well?

I could, but honestly it would be a bit of a fiddle even if I did. I modified several system files, including authui.dll, winlogon.exe, winlogon.exe.mui and possibly others. This removes most of the "Welcome / Resuming Windows / Logging Off" type text, the user picture on the logon/lock screens etc while keeping important things like System Restore and Update text strings when they appear. I also moved all the text / buttons down so they don't appear in the middle of the XBMC making them difficult to see.

The background image is easy enough to make, simply open XBMC's splash.png, select and resize the logo part to 150%, then paste it into a 1920x1080 (assuming your main display is full HD widescreen of course) image file with a black background. Then there's a registry hack to need to do to enable OEM backgrounds, just one key in the registry right folder I believe, save the image as a JPG file into the correct folder you can find in any good "OEM background Windows 7" tutorial making sure it's less than 256KB.

You might also want to go further and do the transparent cursor hack too - in my case the transparent cursor is the default for Windows 7 before logon, then it discreetly changes to an all black pointer scheme I made based on the Windows 7 large black pointer default setting. I basically just got rid of the white borders so you can't see the pointer when booting WIndows 7 directly to XBMC using EventGhost as an Explorer shell replacement.

As I said, all very fiddly. But I liked the Revo enough as a media centre that I thought it was worth the effort.
I now have an SSD (just figuring out the best way to clone non-AF original Windows 7 onto the SSD's AF layout without having to clone then re-align) so there's a possibility I'll be redesigning the animation so it has a faster fade-in and skip to lights.
Any chance you can re-up the animation? The link seems to be broken.

Thanks!
+1
More than happy to re-up the animation if someone suggests a good free place to do so where the link will stay live for a while...
Use box.com. One of the best online hosting site.
Any luck uploading the file?
(2012-11-10, 00:55)Fabninja Wrote: Any luck uploading the file?

+1
(2012-08-21, 11:30)baijuxavior Wrote: Step 3: Create Boot Animation

You can use the tool Video2PNG to create boot animation from video files. Drag and drop any video file onto the 'video2png.bat' file and it will generate 105 png image files. You can download the animation file I'm using from https://www.box.com/s/de7829c837ffddef1aec

Thats one of the best boot animations I've seen to-date but I'd like to edit it to fit my setup better. Are you able to upload the original images at all please? I tried extracting them using Bootloader and 7-Zip but the resolution gets lowered in the process. Any help or links would be appreciated. Regards - Mat
The animation I'm using is from the clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...EBwmM#t=2s
Download the clip and use the tool Video2PNG to create the images.
(2012-11-23, 10:40)baijuxavior Wrote: The animation I'm using is from the clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...EBwmM#t=2s
Download the clip and use the tool Video2PNG to create the images.
Thanks for the info....... I've downloaded it but am still not satisfied with the quality so I've left a comment asking they could give us a link to the original images to use ourselves. I hope they can because its a great animation!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?eb2p2xhzhjh2rrn

dzsoco has very kindly uploaded and linked his original MP4 in full 1920x1080 goodness! Rofl It works a treat! Best boot screen intro EVER!

Re-upped WIndows 7 bootscreen...

https://rapidshare.com/files/4251148112/...ubuntu.bs7

My apologies to the people who requested this ages ago, I completely forgot to get around to it until now. If this link breaks (it's RapidShare so it shouldn't for a while) someone let me know via PM, I guess.
does anyone know if you can change the logo when Windows 8 loads ?

Quote:http://www.mediafire.com/?eb2p2xhzhjh2rrn

dzsoco has very kindly uploaded and linked his original MP4 in full 1920x1080 goodness! Rofl It works a treat! Best boot screen intro EVER!
I am very interessed in getting this animation for windows 8 boot screen... is it possible ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customize Windows 7 for 'Complete HTPC feel'2