[Feature Request] File view option to rank by date WITHOUT separating folders & files
I'd love it if there was an option when browsing via file view to rank all files and folders in date order without folders being listed before files…

I don't use the library function of xbmc, so if i want to watch new stuff i've added to my shared folder i have to scroll up and down an epically long list to see what's new amongst the folders, and what's new amongst the files.. Bit of a first world problem i know, but it's a hassle, and i'd be delighted if it's an easy fix.
Bizzump! No takers for this?
Yes, please. I just want to sort by date with the newest files/folders at top. I see no reason why folders should be at the top of the list... especially when sorting by date!
(2016-09-14, 21:33)Fofer Wrote: Yes, please. I just want to sort by date with the newest files/folders at top. I see no reason why folders should be at the top of the list... especially when sorting by date!
 I miss this feature very badly, too. I guess the only way is to make a patch and submit.
(2017-12-01, 21:37)arekx Wrote:
(2016-09-14, 21:33)Fofer Wrote: Yes, please. I just want to sort by date with the newest files/folders at top. I see no reason why folders should be at the top of the list... especially when sorting by date!
 I miss this feature very badly, too. I guess the only way is to make a patch and submit.  

"Miss" it?  Was it ever in Kodi before? I don't recall. Seems like a strange thing to remove.  Regardless I'm surprised it's not here, it's such an obvious sort desire.
(2017-12-02, 00:00)Fofer Wrote:
(2017-12-01, 21:37)arekx Wrote:

"Miss" it?  Was it ever in Kodi before? I don't recall. Seems like a strange thing to remove.  Regardless I'm surprised it's not here, it's such an obvious sort desire. 
Miss it as in Linux it is normal thing (basic sorting; ls -t)  to sort by time regardless of file/directory type. So I'm missing the same thing in kodi.
(2017-12-02, 00:31)arekx Wrote:
(2017-12-02, 00:00)Fofer Wrote:
(2017-12-01, 21:37)arekx Wrote:  I miss this feature very badly, too. I guess the only way is to make a patch and submit.   

Miss it as in Linux it is normal thing (basic sorting; ls -t)  to sort by time regardless of file/directory type. So I'm missing the same thing in kodi. 
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I've been on Mac my whole life and sorting that way has been the default since the beginning. Only in a recent macOS update did they (finally?) add this option to appease Windows switchers:
I vastly prefer sorting by date or alphabetically.  Keeping folders separate makes no sense to me.  I've wished Kodi's developers (or someone skilled enough to make a patch) would fix this for a very long time.
Has there been efforts to accomplish this feature? I would also prefer to sort by date without the file & folder separation. Does not seem to be possible in Leia.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] File view option to rank by date WITHOUT separating folders & files1