Audio disable in PVR with tvheadend
hi,

Have a problem with ac3 audio. When i use Tvheadend from video file, audio work perfectly with my tvchannel (here TF1HD), and when i use plugin PVR, audio deosn't work (he told me in setting audio channel French - AC3 386855692 channels)

Any solution ? Thx
So it works fine if you play a file recorded by Tvheadend? But doesn't work if you stream to XBMC?

What version of Tvheadend are you using? There have been some issues with audio processing, you might want to try the git master to see if they are fixed with that.

Adam
yep,

tvheadend website (with vlc) also with client HTS tvheadend in video library from xbmc it's working perfectly.

I use HTS Tvheadend 3.1.590.g4493e.

thx for your quick reply
but don't know if it's come with ac3 because some other hd channel work perfectly in opdenkamp's module. Only some channel do that :/ (with eden 11.8 from pulse working perfectly)
looking at the version number of tvheadend, this looks like one of your changes adam Wink
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Sorry, one more clarification, just so I get this right:

Its working fine if you stream stuff via HTTP (to VLC or recordings in XBMC). How are you recording? TS or MKV?

The only time it doesn't work is if you stream live stuff to XBMC?

Adam

hey! Don't blame me (yet)!

This will be John's new code, he's re-written the streaming code. Though I'm surprised its broken HTSP.

Adam
(2012-08-22, 12:18)adamsutton Wrote: Sorry, one more clarification, just so I get this right:

Its working fine if you stream stuff via HTTP (to VLC or recordings in XBMC). How are you recording? TS or MKV?

The only time it doesn't work is if you stream live stuff to XBMC?

Adam

hey! Don't blame me (yet)!

This will be John's new code, he's re-written the streaming code. Though I'm surprised its broken HTSP.

Adam

Hey no prob, your work is pretty appreciate here ... Thx for your very nice work Adam.

Just give you some info. for debug.
If i record this channel in Matroska. It's working also perfectly. Only live tv in opdenkamp modolue doesn't work
One "last" thing:

Had you tested this with older version of TVH, such as those provided by opdenkamp? And was it working with those?

Regardless of the answer to be honest, I'd stick a bug report in lonelycoder.com. Clearly something is wrong with the HTSP streaming, John has been working on the streaming code and has done quite a bit of work on improving it (but mainly focused on mux to file/http). So its possible that he fixed something in that area and did not update HTSP code.

Adam
ok i will try but can you give me. Can you give me commad (git clone) which i can install older version.

Thx
No don't worry about going back to check, I just wasn't sure if you'd maybe already used an older version.

Submit the bug report to lonelycoder.com and I'll make sure it ends up on John's TODO list.

He'll probably want to get a sample recording, but submit the issue first and he'll let you know what he needs.

Adam
i just use opdenkamp tvheadend (HTS Tvheadend 2.99.53.g45021) do same. But if i use Xbmc Pulse Eight version from http://packages.pulse-eight.net/ , it's work perfectly.
Work also perfectly with tvheadend HTS Tvheadend 3.1.590.g4493e and XBMC PVR version from https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/tree/d...3501e9e7da.

opdenkamp's XBMC release 12 days before
OK,

Let's try and get a handle on what is/isn't working so we can start to pinpoint where the fault lies.

You're now saying that TVH (3.1.590) works just fine with a slightly older version of XBMC PVR, correct?

But that it doesn't work with what? And older version still? Or the latest code?

I.e. are you saying that an XBMC PVR update has fixed things or broken things?

Adam
ok what i m sure

1 / TVH version HTS Tvheadend 3.1.590.g4493e and XBMC version https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/tree/d...3501e9e7da : tv sound working.

2/ TVH version HTS Tvheadend 3.1.590.g4493e and XBMC version https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc : sound doesn't work with some channel and buffer take more time to come 100%

I think prob come from XBMC version, with xbmc from 12 days before XBMC worked...
Now with last version I have problem.
Yop,

I have the same issue with the same channel (french channel with AC3).
I noticed that i could get sound back just by swithcing audio source in audio menu-osd from hdmi to analog/optical ^^.
right, so something in xbmc has changed that has broken it? must be something that's been merged in from mainline then
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio disable in PVR with tvheadend0