More advanced display rate switch depending on source
I dont want to turn this into a madvr request as i seen some heated debates about it around here, I feel quite sad an option for windows users to use it was never explored and shut down by the looks of it earlier this year, a large portion of the htpc community uses mpc for this very reason. And yes I know you can use it as an external player, but it would be much nicer to include to in xbmc, its a very odd look and not very seamless using external players....in this regard i wish xbmc was a bit more flexible in integrating other players or renders for windows builds.

One area though I feel strongly about is madvr has much more in depth resolution switching. I dont know if your familiar with oppo and their bdp-93 player, but it offers source direct, which basically offers automatic resolution output depending on the source.

Madvr allows the user not just to switch refresh rates, but switch the entire resolution. XBMC is quite limited in that you cant switch from progressive to interlaced. We can only select one resolution but adjust refresh rates automatically with xbmc.

Why would anyone want this? While some of us who waste money on videophile equipment either prefer the hardware upscaling or deinterlacing in our avr or tv or we have external scalers, i have one that is collecting dust i wish i could use, but cant currently, unless i switch to madvr.

After adding resolutions common to video, and that my scaler can handle madvr switches accordingly. My 1080i30 files launched and that resolution was output allowing my scaler to deinterlace the content.

I am not sure how it does this but maybe the devs on here would know more about it or how it works.

Anyway its just a feature I would like to see if possible.
See descussion about it here:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1096
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the info, looks interesting, i am a little bit lost though since no updates came in the past 2 months, is this being looked at to be added. The user mentioned a disable upscaling option which would be ideal, although the discussion and confusion seemed to start with interlaced content. Madvr lets you simply add interlaced resolutions as well, then outputs it if the video being played is at that resolution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More advanced display rate switch depending on source0