• 6(current)
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings
(2012-09-05, 20:48)dinki Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 21:39)LehighBri Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 20:24)dinki Wrote: *EDIT* Looks like you can set the view using 'Container.SetViewMode(id)' . Not too sure how to find the id value for 'Media Info' though. I'll keep looking.

Good find. I noticed on the site below there are various built in functions we can try to us... SetViewMode or even things like SortDirection, etc.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._functions

In reading around the forums though, it sounds like SetViewMode's ids are skin-dependent and could vary across skins. Like you, I would love it if the "show" level could have one view and then the "episode" level could have a consistent view and not be different per show. Have you found anything else in the forums that would help us? Thanks for continuing to look!
FYI... Kricker just gave me access to the github so I just checked in the code from post #40.

I just stumbled upon an addon that appears to set the view to fanartposter in the default confluence skin for menu items off a list view (does that make sense)? It's Bluecop's Amazon Prime add on . I briefly looked through the code in \plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\listmovie.py and found:

Code:
# 501-POSTER WRAP 503-MLIST3 504=MLIST2 508-FANARTPOSTER
confluence_views = [500,501,502,503,504,508]

then further down:

Code:
if viewenable == 'true':
            view=int(common.addon.getSetting("movieview"))
            xbmc.executebuiltin("Container.SetViewMode("+str(confluence_views[view])+")")

I've got one foot out the door for vacation for the next few days so I won't be able to try this so if you want to give it a crack I think you just need to feed it 503 or 504 to get the media list view to show up in the episode specific menus. Not sure how this would be handled for other skins but I'm using confluence as I would imagine a great many are as it is the default skin.

FYI... just checked in some updates to the github to address this and set default views depending on where you are. Ideally in the future we could add additional settings to allow you to configure what you want your default view to be... but this should be good enough for now. Thoughts?
Just checked in a minor update to the github. Update includes:

-Updated sorting options to display only the relevant options based on where you are in browsing (e.g. list of shows only sortable by title, but list of episodes sortable by title, date, and episode #)
If we submit to the XBMC repo for pulling, we need to make sure the addon.xml file is correct and gets updated when asking for a new pull. Maybe we should reset it's version info to 1.0.0 for initial release. I've just been buried with work lately. I've not been able to keep up with the commits and changes.
(2012-09-12, 03:37)kricker Wrote: If we submit to the XBMC repo for pulling, we need to make sure the addon.xml file is correct and gets updated when asking for a new pull. Maybe we should reset it's version info to 1.0.0 for initial release.

Yep already did it. Plus followed the other guidelines on the wiki like adding a changelog and license file
Awesome. Thank you for doing that.
team, I am testing with the new code but can't get the script to run. I replaced everything in the add-on folder but am getting this error:

13:40:21 T:4555988992 DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/addons/sage.tv
13:40:21 T:4555988992 DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.SageTV" dependent on version 1.0 of the xbmc.python api
13:40:21 T:4555988992 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
13:40:21 T:4555988992 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
13:40:21 T:4555988992 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named CommonFunctions
13:40:21 T:4555988992 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/addons/sage.tv/default.py", line 2, in <module>
import xbmc,xbmcplugin,xbmcgui,xbmcaddon,CommonFunctions
ImportError: No module named CommonFunctions
13:40:21 T:4555988992 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

Running from my Mac OSX
I can take a look at it tonight when I get home. That is, if LehighBri doesn't beat me too it.
Just trying it out. Very nice. Here's a couple of thoughts

Can you set the default sorting of upcoming recordings to newest first rather than oldest as it is now?
Can you set the default sorting for channels to sort by channel number rather than channel name?
Does Search for Recordings/Airings work? I tried a couple of searches on each and did not get any returns

Can someone tell me how to update the plugin using git? I tried 'git submodule update' from within the plugin subdir but that doesn't seem to work. I just removed the directory and did a 'git clone http://....' to install each time.

I'm getting an error when trying to 'Watch recordings'. Here's the output from xbmc.log:

Code:
13:39:30 T:4812  NOTICE: http://MYUSERNAME:[email protected]:8080/sagex/api?command=EvaluateExpression&1=GroupByMethod(GetMediaFiles("T"),"GetMediaTitle")&size=500&encoder=json
13:39:30 T:4812  NOTICE: *** sagex request URL:http://MYUSERNAME:[email protected]:8080/sagex/api?command=EvaluateExpression&1=GetSeriesDescription(GetShowSeriesInfo(GetShowForExternalID("")))&encoder=json
13:39:30 T:4812  NOTICE: *** sagex request URL:http://MYUSERNAME:[email protected]:8080/sagex/api?command=EvaluateExpression&1=GroupByMethod(GetMediaFiles("T"),"GetMediaTitle")&size=500&encoder=json
13:39:40 T:4812  NOTICE: ERROR in executeSagexAPIJSONCall: Unable to connect to SageTV server
13:39:40 T:4812   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
13:39:40 T:4812   ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'keys'
13:39:40 T:4812   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Donny\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.SageTV\default.py", line 498, in <module>
                                                VIEWLISTOFRECORDEDSHOWS(url,name)
                                              File "C:\Users\Donny\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.SageTV\default.py", line 43, in VIEWLISTOFRECORDEDSHOWS
                                                titles = titleObjects.keys()
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'keys'
13:39:40 T:2336   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.SageTV/?url=http%3A%2F%2FMYUSERNAME%3AMYPASSWORD%40192.168.0.112%3A8080%2Fsagex%2Fapi%3Fcommand%3DEvaluateExpression%261%3DGroupByMethod%28GetMediaFiles%28%22T%22%29%2C%22GetMediaTitle%22%29%26size%3D500%26encoder%3Djson&mode=1&name=1.+Watch+Recordings
13:39:40 T:2336   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.SageTV/?url=http%3A%2F%2FMYUSERNAME%3AMYPASSWORD%40192.168.0.112%3A8080%2Fsagex%2Fapi%3Fcommand%3DEvaluateExpression%261%3DGroupByMethod%28GetMediaFiles%28%22T%22%29%2C%22GetMediaTitle%22%29%26size%3D500%26encoder%3Djson&mode=1&name=1.+Watch+Recordings) failed
13:39:40 T:7536  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:39:41 T:7536  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-1.1.0

dlinki - to address your issue, I see "Unable to connect to SageTV server". Can you copy paste/ the URL you have to confirm the URL opens in a browser first before trying the addon in SageTV?

http://MYUSERNAME:[email protected]("T"),"GetMediaTitle")&size=500&encoder=json

And I don't know how to update the plugin using git... I just download a zip file of the contents.
(2012-09-12, 19:45)g-man Wrote: team, I am testing with the new code but can't get the script to run. I replaced everything in the add-on folder but am getting this error:

13:40:21 T:4555988992 DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/addons/sage.tv
13:40:21 T:4555988992 DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.SageTV" dependent on version 1.0 of the xbmc.python api
13:40:21 T:4555988992 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
13:40:21 T:4555988992 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
13:40:21 T:4555988992 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named CommonFunctions
13:40:21 T:4555988992 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/addons/sage.tv/default.py", line 2, in <module>
import xbmc,xbmcplugin,xbmcgui,xbmcaddon,CommonFunctions
ImportError: No module named CommonFunctions
13:40:21 T:4555988992 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

Running from my Mac OSX

Not sure. What version of XBMC are you using? Looks like it can't find the CommonFunctions module which the plugin imports as a library to use which should in theory come out of the box in XBMC. I built/tested this using Eden and also Frodo alpha builds.
dlinki - more responses for you:

Can you set the default sorting of upcoming recordings to newest first rather than oldest as it is now?
>It depends on the skin. Not sure if it's possible.

Can you set the default sorting for channels to sort by channel number rather than channel name?
>Are you sorting by title? If so, in theory should sort the way you need to as the title is <channel number> <channel name>

Does Search for Recordings/Airings work? I tried a couple of searches on each and did not get any returns
For now it just works if the title of the show searched for is an exact match. Haven't implemented any kind of "like" functionality.
I am currently running Frodo Alpha 5 on OS X. The original version of your code worked on this build so I will see if I can dig around and figure out why it won't import the CommonFunctions.
I have resolved my issue, I went in and enabled the Youtube plugin which seemed to load the module that I was missing. I gave it a quick test and so far so good. Thanks!
To update via git, do a git pull. That will pull all the newest files.
Quote:To update via git, do a git pull. That will pull all the newest files.

Thanks, but:

Code:
Donny@OFFICE ~/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/addons
$ git pull https://github.com/kricker/plugin.video.SageTV
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

(2012-09-13, 01:29)LehighBri Wrote: dlinki - to address your issue, I see "Unable to connect to SageTV server". Can you copy paste/ the URL you have to confirm the URL opens in a browser first before trying the addon in SageTV?

http://MYUSERNAME:[email protected]("T"),"GetMediaTitle")&size=500&encoder=json

It works, but it does take a while. The browser is waiting on the server for 40 seconds then it loads the data. The whole thing takes about 70 seconds to load to completion. Do you have some kind of timeout detection? Any idea why it's taking so long?
Try dropping the size down to 50 and see how long it takes.
Tried it. Took almost exactly the same amount of time.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings2