• 7(current)
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings
(2012-09-13, 15:54)dinki Wrote: Tried it. Took almost exactly the same amount of time.

Weird. How powerful is your SageTV server and network? Is there a reason why it's so slow? And how many recordings might you have? Mine opens URLs like that nearly instantly on my local network and slightly longer, but not by much, if connecting outside of my wifi.
(2012-09-13, 14:49)dinki Wrote:
Quote:To update via git, do a git pull. That will pull all the newest files.

Thanks, but:

Code:
Donny@OFFICE ~/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/addons
$ git pull https://github.com/kricker/plugin.video.SageTV
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

You need to clone the repo before you can use pull to update it. Have you done that?

Something does seem to be wrong with the network or the server. Do you have the required Sage add-ons installed and fully updated?

(2012-09-13, 16:55)kricker Wrote: You need to clone the repo before you can use pull to update it. Have you done that?

I removed the directory then tried this:

Code:
$ git clone https://github.com/kricker/plugin.video.SageTV
Cloning into 'plugin.video.SageTV'...
remote: Counting objects: 98, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (48/48), done.
remote: Total 98 (delta 44), reused 97 (delta 43)
Unpacking objects: 100% (98/98), done.

$ git pull https://github.com/kricker/plugin.video.SageTV
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

Am I doing something wrong?

Quote:Something does seem to be wrong with the network or the server. Do you have the required Sage add-ons installed and fully updated?

Just updated BMT, and SageX. Tried again and got the same results. I don't know why it's taking so long to respond. The other queries run quickly but I guess it could be the size of my database and speed (or lack thereof) my cpu. I did see that:

Code:
13:01:37 T:10100  NOTICE: http://username:[email protected]:8080/sagex/api?command=EvaluateExpression&1=GroupByMethod(GetMediaFiles("T"),"GetMediaTitle")&size=500&encoder=json
13:01:37 T:10100  NOTICE: *** sagex request URL:http://username:[email protected]:8080/sagex/api?command=EvaluateExpression&1=GetSeriesDescription(GetShowSeriesInfo(GetShowForExternalID("")))&encoder=json
13:01:37 T:10100  NOTICE: *** sagex request URL:http://username:[email protected]:8080/sagex/api?command=EvaluateExpression&1=GroupByMethod(GetMediaFiles("T"),"GetMediaTitle")&size=500&encoder=json
13:01:47 T:10100  NOTICE: ERROR in executeSagexAPIJSONCall: Unable to connect to SageTV server

shows that it is only waiting 10 seconds before giving up. Any ideas on how to speed up my server OR increase the wait time before failing?

*EDIT* Just noticed something. I'm connecting to sagex via port 8080 although my jetty server (sagetv web interface) is running on 8180. I checked sagex-services and it says the http port is set to 8180. I cannot connect to sagex via 8180 as I get a 404 not found. Any idea why it is hardwired to 8080? Maybe I have an older version installed somehow?
I use Tortoise git and use the GUI to do it all. I think though all you need to say after the clone is "git pull".

Is the plugin not using your port setting in the addon settings? Did you change it in the settings? The default is 8080.
(2012-09-13, 20:34)kricker Wrote: I use Tortoise git and use the GUI to do it all. I think though all you need to say after the clone is "git pull".
Oh. I changed to the plugin subdirectory and did a git pull and it seemed to update. Not sure why but it changed the directory name to 'plugin.video.SageTV (master)'

Quote:Is the plugin not using your port setting in the addon settings? Did you change it in the settings? The default is 8080.

The plugin is set to 8080 and it works for everything except the TV recordings. When I updated SageX in Sage I noticed that it had the port set to 8180 which is what I have Jetty running on. I would think that it would have been set to 8080 as that's what SageX is running on but it is definitely configured to 8180 in the Sage gui. Very confused.

*EDIT* Okay so it seems I have BMT and SageX running on port 8080 but SageTV Web Interface running on 8180. SageX was/is set to run on port 8180 in the SageTV gui plugin configuration. I don't know if this value just isn't being applied or if I somehow have two versions installed. I can say with certainty that I cannot connect to the webserver when trying to use 8180 but can with 8080.

I guess it really boils down to how can I speed up my server or extend the timeout. I'd prefer it to be faster as I'd hate to have to wait a minute before being able to do anything.

The Sagex-services should be configured to run on the same port as Jetty. The setting in Sage even states that and mentions it auto detecting it. Check the Jetty's port. Make them both the same, and then use that port in XBMC's Sage addon.
Maybe I missed it, but how does one install this plug in?

Thanks,
Mike
Either wait for it to hit the official addon repo or go to the github page (link in OP) get the zip file and unpack it and install it manually.
I'm willing to try it out (long time SageTV user with lots of recordings - and an idle cable card tuner - for now...)

When I click on the ZIP link on the github page, i get an error "server error" - am I doing something wrong?
never mind - works now
Not sure what happened to my reply. Both jetty and sagex are on the same port 8080. I am able to query using the add on but am getting connection error due to a low timeout.

Is there a reason that urllib is being used for the called rather than urllib2? Urllib2 allows for passing a timeout value along with the url where urllib does not. I know that this problem may only affect a small portion (or maybe just me) of users but I sure don't want to be left out of using the plugin for this strange reason.

Thanks
(2012-09-14, 14:41)dinki Wrote: Not sure what happened to my reply. Both jetty and sagex are on the same port 8080. I am able to query using the add on but am getting connection error due to a low timeout.

Is there a reason that urllib is being used for the called rather than urllib2? Urllib2 allows for passing a timeout value along with the url where urllib does not. I know that this problem may only affect a small portion (or maybe just me) of users but I sure don't want to be left out of using the plugin for this strange reason.

Thanks

No reason other than that's the starting point of code that we were working from. Can you try a search and replace on your local go to to all urllib2 and see if that helps you? I don't know why it would help as clearly there's something causing significant latency on your end, but who knows.
dinki,
Have you checked you connection between the 2 PCs? You might want to use something like NetIO to see if there is some sort of networking issue. This is a tiny app that you can use to check for issues. You just put the exe on the 2 PCs. Set one to receive and then the other to send. In a few seconds you'll have a report of the throughput. It is run from command line.

SageTV PC:
netio -s

XBMC PC:
netio -t ip_address_of_sageTV_PC
@LehighBri, will do a search/replace and see what happens.

@kricker, XBMC and Sage are on the same machine. It's like SageX is bogging down trying to process the request before it actually answers and then starts sending the data.
(2012-09-14, 19:17)dinki Wrote: @LehighBri, will do a search/replace and see what happens.

Don't bother... I just tried and it will require significant re-engineering and it's not worth it. I think you should focus on the root cause vs. fixing in python.
What are the specs of the PC?

Do you have a lot of other Sage plugins installed that could be bogging it down?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings2