• 18(current)
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings
Thumbs Up 
Even though development for this add-on has stopped, I wanted to thank the creators and add a small tidbit that took me forever to figure out!

I don't have any local drive locations in my SageTV setup. I converted everything over to UNC locales a while ago so that I could have comskip files seen and commercials skipped on all my SageTV clients.

After getting the addon configured, I could not get it to play the files off the server. They were recognized, just not playable at all. This sounded a lot like the problem many other users had on pages 13+14. So I surmised, comparing my logs with theirs, that it must be a directory configuration assignment issue. But they had local drive names on their server, not UNC.

I was very confused with how the SageTV recording directory and network directories were supposed to look when properly configured. I kept punching in local drive names in the add-on configuration but it never worked (d:/dtv, e:/dtv, etc.). Capitalization didn't fix it either.

Then I figured out that one needs to copy exactly what is listed in his/her "Video Recording Directories" setup from SageTV into the first directory entry. Because I have a UNC address put into SageTV, it needed to read the same in the addon. (I'd attach an image but can't do that here apparently).

So for me, I needed "\\htpc\f-dtv\" in the first entry, followed by "smb://HTPC/F-DTV", which was chosen through the directory browser, in the second.

Interestingly, I had a few local drive designated recordings from before I converted to UNC, and these were seen, from the local machine, without ANY directory configuration.

I actually have 5 shared drives, so I wouldn't mind having the capability of adding more to the addon configuration! Looks like the limit is 5.
It was just recently announced that SageTV will become open source.Big Grin

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2
Wow, great news!
Quote:Dependencies:
SageTV with:

Jetty Web Server 2.3.0.14 or newer
Sagex-api-services vs 7.1.9.10 or newer
Batch Metadata Tools 4.10.1
xbmc.js file (Copy included xbmc.js file to your "SageTV\SageTV\sagex\services" directory)

OK can anybody please tell me where is the xbmc.js file is supposed to be found so it can be copied. It's nowhere in my sagetv installtion and I've got the latest Jetty, Sagex and BMT installed into a SagetV installation V7.1.9.256 and Java 6.0.10

The text in the app isn't any clearer either.

Is there a missing plugin or something not referenced in the instructions?

Pete
(2016-10-04, 09:54)doubletop Wrote:
Quote:Dependencies:
SageTV with:

Jetty Web Server 2.3.0.14 or newer
Sagex-api-services vs 7.1.9.10 or newer
Batch Metadata Tools 4.10.1
xbmc.js file (Copy included xbmc.js file to your "SageTV\SageTV\sagex\services" directory)

OK can anybody please tell me where is the xbmc.js file is supposed to be found so it can be copied. It's nowhere in my sagetv installtion and I've got the latest Jetty, Sagex and BMT installed into a SagetV installation V7.1.9.256 and Java 6.0.10

The text in the app isn't any clearer either.

Is there a missing plugin or something not referenced in the instructions?

Pete

If you pull the entire codebase from github, you'll see the xbmc.js file in one of the sub-directories. Direct link is here: https://github.com/kricker/plugin.video....x/services
Thanks for that. I did have a sudden realisation that the Kodi project came from XBMC.

However there is a message here.....

Quote:Kodi is becoming mainstream so please don't assume that users are aware of the background behind the project and have to go delving into the source repository to find files.

The info at the top of this thread needs to say where the file is and include the link. Also the instructions in the Kodi addon could do with clarifying for the same reason.

When it fails, which mine still does, and the addon says "check the logs" which logs need checking? Client or SageTV and what are they called

From what I've seen so far you are doing a great job

Pete
Back to this this weekend. I've saved the file from the github link. For some reason its saves with an html extension. Clicking xmbc.js takes me to a page with the scipt code so I've tried copying the code and made a file xmbc.js

I just get the message ÿour "xmbc.js file is corrupt please ensure you have the correct version.

Any clues as to where the proper file might be?

Pete
Has anybody got the correct v1.4.2 xbmc.js file please? The link at https://github.com/kricker/plugin.video....x/services isnt it I'm afraid

Pete
(2016-10-10, 10:00)doubletop Wrote: Has anybody got the correct v1.4.2 xbmc.js file please? The link at https://github.com/kricker/plugin.video....x/services isnt it I'm afraid

Pete

I'm having the same issue. I am running OSMC (osmc.tv) on a Raspberry Pi Model 3 and have another machine in my network running SageTV and the appropriate add-ons. I've copied xbmc.js from the github link to the appropriate location but am getting the same error message as doubletop when I fire it up.

Anyone out there?
I suspect they've all abandoned this. Even those who have or had it working and have a copy of the file we are seeking. That's assuming it ever worked.

You could try a regular BUMP and hope somebody picks up on it

Pete
I have the file and it worked for me. I thought that I could attach it, but I don't see the option. I don't remember where I got it back in 2014, but it was pretty simple back then, I guess. I could share it through Dropbox or something as it's all of 7kb.
I am actually in the process of moving from my Windows SageTV Server to a Linux SageTV Server. I have Kodi installed on both and had been using the SageTV add-on on the windows server for a while. I had a special modified version that looked for the Simplejson 3.3.0 which has been working well On setting up the Linux Server I could not get it to work though. So comparing both server setups I discovered that the Add-On stopped working on the Windows Server. I had updated several SageTV plugins and moved to java 1.8_111 which is what is on the new Linux box so I assume this is a likely cause? I know little about Java or Python though there seems to be a python error pulling back the directory listing for watched shows based on what I can see. Any thoughts?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings2