error playing .dvdmedia latest monthly pre-frodo releases
I am having a problem opening .dvdmedia via NFS on a couple of different Macs (first gen Mac Mini running 10.6.8 with all recent updates; MBA (2011) running 10.8). When I select a video with the .dvdmedia extension, XBMC works a little bit (rotating animated icon) and then spits back an error saying it could not open the file. In checking the xbmc.log on both computers, I see the following types of error:

18:01:52 T:4718247936 INFO: CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : 'media/videos03/Movies/Crimson Tide (1995).dvdmedia/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO/AACS/Unit_Key_RO.inf' error : 'open call failed with "NFS: Lookup of //Movies failed with NFS3ERR_NOTDIR(-20)"'

and

18:15:55 T:2957176832 ERROR: Read - Error( -21, pread call failed with "NFS: Read failed with NFS3ERR_ISDIR(-21)" )

Additional info:

- all of my sources are NFS
- these worked previously, but I upgraded to the monthlies and to the latest version of Ubuntu on the server where these reside
- this is only a problem with the .dvdmedia folder extension; all other media types--including .iso, .mp4, .avi, etc.--work just fine, so I do not suspect any problems on the server side of things
- on both computers, the videos open fine in Finder (via Connect to Server... --> nfs://(server_name)/media/videos03/Movies)

Here's what the NFS share in /etc/exports on the Ubuntu server looks like (they are all the same, and all have problems):

/media/videos03 192.168.1.2/24(rw,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,insecure,async,no_subtree_check,no_acl)

where uid 1000 is the owner of videos03 (for which I did a chown -R on the folder, just to make sure)

On the MBA, I am running: xbmc-12.0-Frodo_alpha4-x86_64.dmg (201208010-e4443f2) and on the Mini: xbmc-12.0-Frodo_alpha4-x86.dmg (201208010-e4443f2).

Let me know if you need more complete log files, or if I missed posting any other needed information.
Yes i would like to see the complete log file with debugging turned on (settings->system->debugging). Paste it to pastebin.com and put the link here.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I created a new log file with a startup, attempt to view a movie with a .dvdmedia extension (Crimson Tide), and shutdown:

http://pastebin.com/vnYk9dL9

Note: this was generated from the MBA I mentioned above.
For completness - does the problem exist when using smb for sharing for example?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Here's what I've done thus far:

1.) removed all sources, save for one Movie source, replacing NFS with its analogous SMB mount
2.) restarted XBMC a couple of times--it kept crashing, but I'm not sure if it is related to this issue, or just the nature of the monthly
3.) once open, I went through Videos --> Files --> Movies and entered in my SMB username/password
4.) went to a .dvdmedia movie (Zombieland) and opened it without problem

Right now, I am rescanning the library to try to access this via Movies, so I can get the exact same setup as before--with fewer sources, though. I'll post the log to pastebin once it has finished updating.

EDIT: I also removed the MySQL connection, so as not to mess up my current library. Hopefully these deviations will not affect the outcome.

EDIT 2: NO, SMB did not work either, but see below...
OK, this is weird. Just for the sake of completeness, I went back to my original configuration files (NFS). Like I did in step 3 above, I went through Videos --> Files --> Movies and played Crimson Tide (p on the keyboard): it played fine. When I try to do so from the Movies library, it will not play (return on the keyboard / p on the keyboard).

Do I have something misconfigured in my library settings?
Anything else I can provide to help diagnose what is going on here?
no but i have corrected the topic cause its not related to nfs.
IIRC, .dvdmedia is just a folder with a file extension on it. I'd rename the folders so it doesn't have .dvdmedia on there. It might be confusing XBMC for some reason.
Yeah, it's nothing more than a folder name, but on a Mac, and in various other media players--e.g. VLC--it launches the player as if a DVD was inserted, so I am hesitant to rename them. That said, before I do that, I'll see if Memphiz, et al., have any luck in determining if it is a problem with they way I have things set up--short of using .dvdmedia extensions on folder names--or if it is a bug.
It looks more like a problem with libdvdread or something which gets things wrong. Not really in XBMCs core. Might also be related to the phenomen which people report when trying to play VIDEO_TS folders. They succeed in file view - but fail when started from library. But really - this isn't my area.
Well, that's disappointing, but thanks for looking into it anyway! I'll try researching libdvdread and see if anything pops up.
you should better try to post in the general section. these are read by more devs - maybe someone takes it. libdvdread is only a guess - no need to spend your time on research until someone debugs the issue.
I saw you created a thread in the general section to which i already responded, but if this is a OSX problem i might as well post here as well. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1180854

What does libbluray have to do with playing dvd's? I'm also seeing this reference to a local HD.

Code:
INFO:   msg: libdvdnav: Unable to find map file '/Users/anssi/.dvdnav/.map'

It doesn't seem to be a new problem either http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127870

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
error playing .dvdmedia latest monthly pre-frodo releases0