Best XBMC build for Acer RL70?
Hi eveyone. I've just got an Acer RL70 and I'm having a few problems with it.

As this was the linux version the first thing I did was wipe and install openelec. Everything went smoothly, but I have found that some video files do not play very well - blurred horizontal lines and judddering... that sort of thing.

The build I am using is one of the latest beta versions of openelec. So before I go testing numerous other builds, is there a definitive stable version that play everything? Either openelec, XBMCbuntu or windows.

As I don't know linux at all, I have considered putting win 7 on, but have read that it can't be done on the RL70's linux bios... is this true?

At the moment I'm back to watching stuff on my WD mediaplayer which plays everything!
Windows 7 definately can be put on Linux RL70's, I've done it twice for friends and they couldn't be happier with their machines.
I installed Eden for them and no complaints from them about its performance (trust me the slightest thing wrong and my phone would've been red hot!).

Not sure what your video playback problems are caused by because everything I've read about openelec on RL70's has been positive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best XBMC build for Acer RL70?0