Win Some movie questions
Ok i scraped my movies perfectly now.
Amount is +- 400 movies
Now i want to easly mark the movies watched/unwatched

Whats the easiest way to do this? With the least steps...

Another question i have
I want to show all the kids movie in 1 place, so they can just go there
But those movies should be in my moviewall too

How do i do this?

Thx in advance!
Not sure if these are skin related though..
(2012-08-24, 16:56)Skank Wrote: Another question i have

How do i do this?

Thx in advance!

I have searched for this as well and would love to know if anyone has an answer.
(2012-08-24, 16:56)Skank Wrote: Ok i scraped my movies perfectly now.
Amount is +- 400 movies
Now i want to easly mark the movies watched/unwatched

Whats the easiest way to do this? With the least steps...

Another question i have

How do i do this?

Thx in advance!

I found my way to mark the movies watched/unwatched
The only thing that remains is the kids part...

I've searched again, and the thing that might do it, is using smart playlists
Or am i wrong? Are there other options?
In short , is this the way to do it?
Definitely smart playlists. Like, all movies that have a genre of.......that's the only sane way to do it. Once you do that, you can have a custom menu/submenu and add that playlist.
Problem is then that all the movies have different genres, and not all kids movies are in 1 genre... so help needed..
Most movies have many genre tags, but don't all the kids ones have family as one? If not, use smart playlists to select multiple genres(animated, family, etc).
@Skank, if you movies for kids are only in 1 place, add to favourites the folder, go to Videos, Files, Press C in folder with movies, ADD to favourites, name KIDS MOVIES, after if you using aeon Skin.Aeon MQ 3, go to settings, skin, shortcuts, look for favourites 1, enter , set KIDS Movies, done, new item in home menu KIDS MOVIES.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2012-08-25, 20:30)Wanilton Wrote: @Skank, if you movies for kids are only in 1 place, add to favourites the folder, go to Videos, Files, Press C in folder with movies, ADD to favourites, name KIDS MOVIES, after if you using aeon Skin.Aeon MQ 3, go to settings, skin, shortcuts, look for favourites 1, enter , set KIDS Movies, done, new item in home menu KIDS MOVIES.

No they are not Sad
They are all together with my own movies in the same folder. Guess the only way is to use smart playlist thrn
Or you can set a favorite as the Genre "family", as suggested, and then add the shortcut for that on the home screen. If not all the kids' movies have the genre family - well then add it to them.

Personally, I use smart playlists to accomplish this. Filters out kids' stuff for Parents' shows, and opposite for Kids.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Trying to do this, i came across 2 "problems"

Somehow it seems i have double genres, one in english , the other in dutch
for example

family and familie
animation and animatie

how do i get rid of this?

Another thing.. i cant adjust genres of a movie, how do i do this?
So i can make sure, all the kids movies are in family?

Thx again
(2012-08-26, 10:02)Skank Wrote: Trying to do this, i came across 2 "problems"

for example

family and familie
animation and animatie

Thx again

You'll have to edit some .nfos. If you're using xbmc Eden (11.xx), then check out the XWMM web interface to help identify genres, and add/subtract them from the database.

After you've made all the changes, you'll have to export your library (as separate files) to actually save all the changes to the .nfos.

Otherwise you can use a variety of other .nfo editors (Ember, MCM, etc.) including manually editing the .nfo text file.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-08-26, 19:55)thrak76 Wrote:

for example

family and familie
animation and animatie

Thx again

You'll have to edit some .nfos. If you're using xbmc Eden (11.xx), then check out the XWMM web interface to help identify genres, and add/subtract them from the database.

After you've made all the changes, you'll have to export your library (as separate files) to actually save all the changes to the .nfos.

Otherwise you can use a variety of other .nfo editors (Ember, MCM, etc.) including manually editing the .nfo text file.

Isnt there another way without using nfo files?
(2012-08-28, 13:13)Skank Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 19:55)thrak76 Wrote:

for example

family and familie
animation and animatie

Thx again

Isnt there another way without using nfo files?

I had the same requirement, first solution I tried was to create a smart playlist, I used three rules to filter by Animation genre, Family genre and Kids genre and then set the condition to one or more rules. However depending upon the scraper used, you can also get some unexpected results when filtering by genre.

So I then created a separate folder to separate family friendly movies from the main collection, then you can either create a favourite or smart playlist and add as a menu or submenu item.

That worked flawlessly as I controlled the content and was not dependent upon the scraper.

However it also meant that it was included in the main movie library which I didn't want. So I then created a separate login profile for my kids, used separate sources so that updating the library under both profiles would be completely independent of each other and the content would never be mixed.

It should be noted that an exciting development in Frodo is the introduction of tags which is similar to movie sets. You create the tag, name it, add the content and unlike movie sets, movies can be added to more than one tag. It's identical to creating Collections in Plex.

So I've created a tag called Family Friendly and added the movies I determine should be in there, added that tag to Favourites and then to the home menu.

Here are some examples of tags I've created:

A Slice of Real Life - documentaries and biographies
Action Man
Aliens, Androids & Spacemen
Chick Flicks
Comic Book Heroes
Cowboys & Indians
Criminal Minds
Drama & Thrills
Family Friendly
Funny Business
Hollywood Classics