Win GUI Interface jerky/choppy when navigating menus
I'm still experiencing this issue on a fresh Windows 8 install.
(2013-12-21, 00:36)Marc A Wrote: I'm still experiencing this issue on a fresh Windows 8 install.
We both have an AMD 5450, did you try using <allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex> in advanced settings? That fixes the choppiness for me. However, the screen will go black and XBMC will freeze if you try to tab to the desktop while a video is playing, so I'm just launching all my videos with MPC-HC for now.
(2013-12-21, 06:52)StinDaWg Wrote: We both have an AMD 5450, did you try using <allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex> in advanced settings? That fixes the choppiness for me. However, the screen will go black and XBMC will freeze if you try to tab to the desktop while a video is playing, so I'm just launching all my videos with MPC-HC for now.

Thanks for the suggestion. This actually works very well; however, I'm not experiencing any issues tabbing to the desktop like you.
(2013-12-21, 16:46)Marc A Wrote:
(2013-12-21, 06:52)StinDaWg Wrote: We both have an AMD 5450, did you try using <allowd3d9ex>false</allowd3d9ex> in advanced settings? That fixes the choppiness for me. However, the screen will go black and XBMC will freeze if you try to tab to the desktop while a video is playing, so I'm just launching all my videos with MPC-HC for now.

Thanks for the suggestion. This actually works very well; however, I'm not experiencing any issues tabbing to the desktop like you.
Play a video and then tab to the desktop while it's playing, then tab back. No picture, sound keeps going, then it freezes.
(2013-12-21, 22:52)StinDaWg Wrote: Play a video and then tab to the desktop while it's playing, then tab back. No picture, sound keeps going, then it freezes.
That's what I'm doing and I'm there seems to be no issues. The video comes back fine.
(2013-12-21, 23:10)Marc A Wrote:
(2013-12-21, 22:52)StinDaWg Wrote: Play a video and then tab to the desktop while it's playing, then tab back. No picture, sound keeps going, then it freezes.
That's what I'm doing and I'm there seems to be no issues. The video comes back fine.
Are you using true fullscreen or fullscreen window? DXVA? Sync playback to display? Any other settings you've changed?
OK, you must be using software to decode. I just tested it using DXVA and it froze, tried software and it works fine. There's the problem. I need DXVA though as my cpu is too slow to play most videos smoothly.
(2013-12-22, 16:39)StinDaWg Wrote: OK, you must be using software to decode. I just tested it using DXVA and it froze, tried software and it works fine. There's the problem. I need DXVA though as my cpu is too slow to play most videos smoothly.

I'm pretty sure I'm using hardware to decode.

Edit: confirmed using DXVA2 to render
@StinDaWg: This works for me too: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154503. Have you tried it?
(2013-12-27, 17:15)Marc A Wrote: @StinDaWg: This works for me too: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154503. Have you tried it?
Rolling back to 12.10 doesn't fix the problem for me.
Same issues here with a HD5450. Latest drivers and XBMC in Win 7.

Navigating menu is choppy. Playing a 720p MKV movie starts with stutter and then comes good.

It has happened 3 times with 2 movies but after say an hour or so of watching the screen flickers with green and a whole range of colour thin lines all over the screen appears and its impossible to navigate. Power button hold reboot is needed to reboot Win 7. Could be unrelated to the menu nav issue.
(2012-09-01, 03:01)gizmotoy Wrote: It sounds like there are no further ideas for what could be wrong, so I submitted a bug report.

For reference, here is the link:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13292

Hi sorry to bump an old post but did you ever figure this out? I see your bug got closed with no resolution.
(2017-02-08, 11:37)retro83 Wrote:
(2012-09-01, 03:01)gizmotoy Wrote: It sounds like there are no further ideas for what could be wrong, so I submitted a bug report.

For reference, here is the link:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13292

Hi sorry to bump an old post but did you ever figure this out? I see your bug got closed with no resolution.

Unfortunately I don't have any big suggestions for you besides what's already posted here. I had luck doing two things:

1) upgrading to Windows 8
2) swapping out my Mac Mini

I ended up "upgrading" to an older Mac Mini with a discrete graphics card instead of the built-in Intel graphics. I have not had any problems since.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GUI Interface jerky/choppy when navigating menus0