TVHeadend and XMBC-PVR PPA repositories
I just want to make sure that with the changes to TvHeadEnd and its active development that my current setup is still valid. I am currently using the

https://launchpad.net/~pulse-eight/pulse PPA's. Is this correct for the lastest XBMC-PVR and TVHeadend build?

Thanks

Nathan
The latest official tvheadend release is 3.0, this is currently only available for direct download from lonelycoder.com. Latest and greatest (including my EPG mods) is only currently available from github.

That being said there is not much difference between 3.0 and the builds openkamp provides, as 3.0 was simply done to put a stake in the ground to signify the change in the development and had most of the PRs already merged into opdenkamp's builds added.

If you want stability stick with what you've got until 3.2 comes out. If you want to try new functionality you'll have to build from github until we start doing nightlies or something.
(2012-08-27, 10:46)adamsutton Wrote: That being said there is not much difference between 3.0 and the builds openkamp provides, as 3.0 was simply done to put a stake in the ground to signify the change in the development and had most of the PRs already merged into opdenkamp's builds added.
right, didn't know you already tagged a new release.

just a little warning, only the version that is on my/pulse-eight's ppa has been tested with xbmc. if some newer version doesn't work, don't blame me Smile
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Why not? Given that lots of us are using 3.1.600+ (i.e. git master) and its fine, if XBMC integration stops working its almost sure to be your fault Wink

As for 3.0, I probably should have told you, but for the most part its the same as your latest build. It really wasn't meant to be a big deal, just really to get something "up to date" since 2.12 was ancient and to put a stake in the ground to say here's where we start afresh.

Personally I'm fairly happy for people to be using either your 2.99.latest or 3.0 as there almost identical (though not quite).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVHeadend and XMBC-PVR PPA repositories0