Linux HOOK's Extended unRAID (NAS / APPSW / VMHosting)
(2012-08-28, 02:32)dtviewer Wrote: Even though my 6 HD unraid isn't even half full I've been itching to upgrade to a pro license....

Thanks for the compliment.Wink Hey, my old 6 drive unRAID box had all six drives in it with 9TB capacity, but I had only used about 6.5TB. I built this new one in anticipation of expansion..(Future proof). It's never to early to get started. Just don't tell the wife I told you to do it!Big Grin

(2012-08-28, 02:32)dtviewer Wrote: Love the hot swap ports.
Yes...they are very cool. Eventually when I upgrade to 3TB drives.. it will be a snap just opening the bottom front bay door and pulling out the old and replacing it with the new.

(2012-08-28, 02:32)dtviewer Wrote: ...and thanks for the info on the unmenu haven't tried but need to give it a whirl!
Actually it's the unRAID-WEB package that I'm recommending. unMENU is integrated within unRAID-WEB. Screen shots for you of GUI on just a few feature tabs:

(2012-08-28, 14:09)Mick1152 Wrote: Hook! Great build, I love that external 2.5" drive bay! It doesn't make it too noisy when it's accessing the hard drive with it being out in the open like that does it?

Thanks... Absolutely not. The only time I can hear any of the drives is when they initially spin-up! One thing I forgot to mention was how quiet this build is. Antec makes some great cases....the one i choose is not the prettiest, but it has all the features I was looking for!

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOOK's Extended unRAID upgrade - by CpTHOOK - 2012-08-28, 17:42
RE: HOOK's Extended unRAID upgrade - by SSDD - 2012-08-28, 22:09
RE: HOOK's Extended unRAID upgrade - by Harro - 2012-08-31, 22:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOOK's Extended unRAID (NAS / APPSW / VMHosting)2