Linux HOOK's Extended unRAID (NAS / APPSW / VMHosting)
(2012-09-01, 11:34)Mick1152 Wrote: My speeds without the cache were better than yours. I was more in line with Beer's speeds at 35-40MB/s without the cache. With the cache drive, my speeds are right at 70MB/s. My cache drive is an older 7200 RPM WD 250 GB drive I had laying around. The rest of my drives are all 3TB Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 so I guess maybe they're a bit faster for the faster transfer speed without the cache? Other than that, I have the same processor but I have 4GB of RAM but, I'm running SAB and Sickbeard on my server too. Overall, LOVE the cache drive, super happy I added it to my build too!

That's great bro...

Not sure where the problem is in my set-up that only allows for such slow transfer rates w/o a cache. But reading here explains exactly what I'm getting speed wise with and without a cache. Your speeds with a cache are exactly in-line with mine. I do run SABnzbd and Sickbeard as well, but I use the browser GUI on my main PC to control currently. I've just recently learned a bit about virtualization so I may create a set-up in the near future to incorporate unRAID, GUI for NZB for file/media snatching and a file server all -in-one machine. Actually this was the original plan for this new box I built until I was told that porting a USB using Hyper-V wasn't possible and I don't know about VMware and ESXi enough yet to jump into those waters.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOOK's Extended unRAID upgrade - by SSDD - 2012-08-28, 22:09
RE: HOOK's Extended unRAID upgrade - by CpTHOOK - 2012-09-01, 17:09
RE: HOOK's Extended unRAID upgrade - by Harro - 2012-08-31, 22:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOOK's Extended unRAID (NAS / APPSW / VMHosting)2