Win Write Song Ratings to ID3 Tags
I'm sure someone must have already made this request but here goes anyway:

First let me state that I only use XBMC to listen to my music library, and therefore this is where I want to be able to rate all of my music as well. I don't want to have to use a separate external application to do this.

I recently spent 4 months rating all of my songs in XBMC so that I could build some playlists based on the ratings. I also want to be able to reference these ratings when I sync up my other devices as well. The problem I discovered is that XBMC doesn't actually write these ratings to the ID3 tags on the MP3s themselves; rather they are stored in the music.db. What's even worse is that when you backup/export your library from XBMC it doesn't include the song ratings. I found this all out the hard way after a recent upgrade and discovered that all of my hard work was lost!

My request is to add functionality to write the star ratings to the appropriate ID3 tag that XBMC reads from. This could be done either as part of the core functionality of the app or as an add-on script. After reading the comments on some of the other threads it sounds like many others would see value in such an option but for some reason, which isn't yet clear to me, there is hesitation from the development team to do this. Personally I can't see why this couldn't be developed as an option that users could just turn on or off depending on their preference. At the very least someone needs to fix the library export functionality to include the song ratings. This is a no-brainer to me.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my 2 cents and make this an official request.

Thanks!
I would never want HTPC software to mess with the tags on the original files.

A much better way would be to include ratings in an export routine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Write Song Ratings to ID3 Tags1